Revit Architecture

Camo335
Message 1 of 4 (254 Views)

Handrail Family Center

254 Views, 3 Replies
01-23-2013 09:35 AM

I have created handrails in a project and they do not always appear in the elevations or sections. After much trial and error my coworkers and I discovered that the 'center' of the handrail family isn't anywhere near the handrail itself, about 800' away actually and if a view is not looking in the direction of that center the handrail is not visible. 

I'm not sure that I'm using the correct terminology with 'center', but to be more specific the blue arrows used to flip the direction of the handrail.  When I select the handrail to move or copy it, the dashed selection box that encompasses the selection extends all the way out to this center as well. 

The handrail itself is 'Handrail Type' that came preinstalled and I have no idea how to modify this or even if it CAN be modified.

*Expert Elite*
Alfredo_Medina
Message 2 of 4 (214 Views)

Re: Handrail Family Center

02-01-2013 06:58 AM in reply to: Camo335

That is weird. No clue about that error. I've never seen the default railing type doing that.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Planta1 Revit Online Consulting | info@planta1.com | my Twitter | The Planta1 Blog
Camo335
Message 3 of 4 (141 Views)

04-09-2013 04:35 PM in reply to: Camo335

If anyone else stumbles across this, the problem was that I was creating a handrail without any balusters or other railing components which confuses Revit and it automatically places the handrail center at the model center. - Why would I do that?  Trying to create wall-rails.

Distinguished Mentor
Caddman13
Message 4 of 4 (119 Views)

04-10-2013 04:49 AM in reply to: Camo335

Camo335 wrote:

If anyone else stumbles across this, the problem was that I was creating a handrail without any balusters or other railing components which confuses Revit and it automatically places the handrail center at the model center. - Why would I do that?  Trying to create wall-rails.

Thank you for that information.  I have a similar issue and that helped me get mine fixed.

Post to the Community

Have questions about Autodesk products? Ask the community.

New Post
Announcements
Do you have 60 seconds to spare? The Autodesk Community Team is revamping our site ranking system and we want your feedback! Please click here to launch the 5 question survey. As always your input is greatly appreciated.