Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Handrail Family Center

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
Camo335
369 Views, 3 Replies

Handrail Family Center

I have created handrails in a project and they do not always appear in the elevations or sections. After much trial and error my coworkers and I discovered that the 'center' of the handrail family isn't anywhere near the handrail itself, about 800' away actually and if a view is not looking in the direction of that center the handrail is not visible. 

I'm not sure that I'm using the correct terminology with 'center', but to be more specific the blue arrows used to flip the direction of the handrail.  When I select the handrail to move or copy it, the dashed selection box that encompasses the selection extends all the way out to this center as well. 

The handrail itself is 'Handrail Type' that came preinstalled and I have no idea how to modify this or even if it CAN be modified.

Tags (1)
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Alfredo_Medina
in reply to: Camo335

That is weird. No clue about that error. I've never seen the default railing type doing that.

Alfredo Medina _________________________________________________________________ ______
Licensed Architect (Florida) | Freelance Instructor | Autodesk Expert Elite (on Revit) | Profile on Linkedin
Message 3 of 4
Camo335

If anyone else stumbles across this, the problem was that I was creating a handrail without any balusters or other railing components which confuses Revit and it automatically places the handrail center at the model center. - Why would I do that?  Trying to create wall-rails.

Message 4 of 4
Jason_S

@Camo335 wrote:

If anyone else stumbles across this, the problem was that I was creating a handrail without any balusters or other railing components which confuses Revit and it automatically places the handrail center at the model center. - Why would I do that?  Trying to create wall-rails.

Thank you for that information.  I have a similar issue and that helped me get mine fixed.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report