Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Handrail corner posts - Outside vs inside and clash with normal.

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
doni49
2573 Views, 3 Replies

Handrail corner posts - Outside vs inside and clash with normal.

My "Regular" baluster is really two posts spaced 2 5/8" apart. These balusters are 5 ft apart. I've got a "Corner" post family that is for the OUTSIDE corners. I also need to use a DIFFERENT family for inside corners.

1. On the straight runs, I need to have it NOT show a regular baluster less than 5 ft from a corner.
  2. I'm not sure how to get it to show a different baluster for inside vs outside corners.

I've got it to show the outside corner correctly but it wants to also show the regular baluster at the corner. And it's attempting to show the same outside corner post AND the regular post at the inside corners.

Can anyone offer any suggestions for this?

I've attached a revit file that includes my handrail and there is a screenshot below.

I left the corner posts gray so you could see them clearly. The wood looking posts are the "Regular" balusters.

TIA!

Don Ireland
Engineering Design Technician

If a reply solves your issue, please remember to click on "Accept as Solution". This will help other users looking to solve a similar issue. Thank you.

Please do not send a PM asking for assistance. That's what the forums are for. This allows everyone to benefit from the question asked and the answers given.

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
doni49
in reply to: doni49

bump

Don Ireland

If a reply solves your issue, please remember to click on "Accept as Solution". This will help other users looking to solve a similar issue. Thank you.

Please do not send a PM asking for assistance. That's what the forums are for. This allows everyone to benefit from the question asked and the answers given.

Message 3 of 4

Try this if it works:

1. Break Pattern: at Each Segment End , Justifiy :Spread Pattern to Fit , Regular Baluster > Dist. from previous - adjust it till the real distance becomes at least 5 (as in attached)
  2. Maybe a workaround can be used: Yes there is a single Corner Post , but there are to types for margins (one for the Start and one for the End) . What if spliting the path into two parts so as the the second corner (the middle one) becomes in fact an End-Start post ? If necesary two diferent types paths.....conecting on the second corner...

Constantin Stroescu

EESignature

Message 4 of 4

Sorry for the delayed reply.  But I've been working on other things.  I just now tried your suggestion (the first one -- didn't even try the second yet).  And it seems to do a decent job of giving me what I need.  Although the corners look good, the spacing between the regular posts is now 5' 5 243/256" and that's with the spacing set to 5' OR 6'.

EDIT:  Option #2 looks like it'll work better.  Instead of placing the corner post at the start as you suggested though, I'm placing it at the END.  I really didn't want to see one at the start.  Now I have none at the start, the regular ones show with the 5' spacing and then I have a corner post at the end of the rail (which is technically the corner).  It just means that I have a bunch more handrails.

Don Ireland

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report