Revit Architecture

Active Contributor
chris.pitt
Message 1 of 4 (474 Views)

Gutters (sort of)

474 Views, 3 Replies
09-24-2012 04:43 AM

I'm working on an industrial building with multiple intermediate valley gutters and a surrounding parapet gutter.

I've made and applied profiles for both of the gutters which work fine until a get to the intersection of the profiles where they don't clean up (because, I understand, they can't).

To get over this I decided to "cut" the gutter short and create an infill piece, see attached images, which achieves the visual end I want.

That said, I don't think the infill piece is on the right Object Style and I'd like to know how to get it there (locially it needs to be on Roof, Gutter).  It was originally modelled as a Generic Model family.

Any thoughts?

Regards

Christopher Alan Pitt

Frank Shaw Associates

*Expert Elite*
Alfredo_Medina
Message 2 of 4 (459 Views)

Re: Gutters (sort of)

09-24-2012 05:59 AM in reply to: chris.pitt

Probably, it needs to leave it as Generic model, or maybe as Specialty Equipment. Unfortunately, you cannot change the category of the family to "Roof" or "Gutter".

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Planta1 Revit Online Consulting | info@planta1.com | my Twitter | The Planta1 Blog
Active Contributor
chris.pitt
Message 3 of 4 (456 Views)

09-24-2012 06:06 AM in reply to: Alfredo_Medina

Noted.

What if I build the same componant in a Generic Model Roof Based family (or copy it in)?  Would that allow me to place it in the object style I want?

Regards

Christopher Alan Pitt

Frank Shaw Associates

*Expert Elite*
Alfredo_Medina
Message 4 of 4 (450 Views)

09-24-2012 06:31 AM in reply to: chris.pitt

No. It is not possible to change a family to Roof category or its subcategories, even if you start with a roof-based template. In that template, the roof is just the host.

I think the only way to make an custom object be classified in the "roof" category is by model in-place. But not "gutter", though.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Planta1 Revit Online Consulting | info@planta1.com | my Twitter | The Planta1 Blog
Post to the Community

Have questions about Autodesk products? Ask the community.

New Post
Announcements
Do you have 60 seconds to spare? The Autodesk Community Team is revamping our site ranking system and we want your feedback! Please click here to launch the 5 question survey. As always your input is greatly appreciated.