Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Gutter on curved rood

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
Anonymous
1223 Views, 6 Replies

Gutter on curved rood

I have a curved roof that need a gutter attached to it. However the gutter will not attach to it. Is there a way to fix this?

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

Also, why won't a gutter attach to some roofs? I have a straight run of roof where a gutter won't attach.

Message 3 of 7
mike
in reply to: Anonymous

Gutters only seem to attach to a horizontal roof edge, not sloping for some reason.

We have used a created a fascia with a gutter profile to get around this.

So at the roof edge we have a timber fascia, then the gutter fascia.

Message 4 of 7
suzy.pasko
in reply to: mike

It is 2018 now and it's the same case, gutters do not attach to sloping roof. 😞 What is AutoCad doing???

Message 5 of 7
barthbradley
in reply to: suzy.pasko

I'm always fascinated by these questions -- and answers. The answer isn't that Revit can't do a gutter on a slope; it's why the heck would you put a gutter on a slope? Is it a back-up just in case gravity fails?  

...have you seen the sequel to A&E's "Why Buildings Fall Down"?  It's entitled "Why Buildings Fall Up".  Fascinating.   

Message 6 of 7
suzy.pasko
in reply to: barthbradley

You might have a 100 m long roof with 0.4 deg fall on one side as the width of the roof is changing with a straight edge at the front (a stadion roof) and you would like to put a gutter at the bottom end. ... 😉

Message 7 of 7
ToanDN
in reply to: suzy.pasko

I am sure he meant a curve in section and you are talking about a curved footprint. Try fascia.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report