Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Grouping in Area Schedule

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
thaner9
900 Views, 3 Replies

Grouping in Area Schedule

Hello,

I have made an area plan that I'd like to be able to create a corresponding schedule (table) for, but I can't quite figure out how to "total" my patio areas. I'd like to be able to show LIVING area / GARAGE area / PATIO area. I generated a new Area Scheme based off the Rentable Area scheme and thought I'd be able to edit one of the 6 areas into "Garage", but it seems like they aren't editable. (ARE THEY?) That's fine, but when I generate an Area Schedule, it breaks down all three different types of areas and their corresponding areas, then it totals the entire thing. I would like it to total up just the outdoor "PATIO" areas and then basically provide me with the three totals:

LIVING = x,xxxSF

GARAGE = xxxSF

PATIO = x,xxxSF

I know you can group things in tables, but apparently not areas, or not elements in rows, only subjects on top like "Finishes".

I've attached the Area Plan I'm referencing as well as the table that relates to it...

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
ryan.duell
in reply to: thaner9

You should be able to achieve this by adjusting the schedule properties as follows:

1.  Make sure Schedule Properties > Formatting > Area is set to Calculate Totals

Image Example

2.  Set Schedule Properties >Sorting/Grouping, Sort by Name, add a Title\Count\Totals, and check Grand Totals:

Image Example

Hope this helps!  Thank you,

Ryan Duell
Message 3 of 4
thaner9
in reply to: ryan.duell

Thanks Ryan,

I have tried working with those total's options before, but I could never figure out the right combination. There's so many options! This would make for a great video tutorial as I have to imagine just about everyone uses it. Course maybe it's something everyone but me has figured out!

Thanks again!

Message 4 of 4
thaner9
in reply to: ryan.duell

Is there a filter option that would allow me to not show categories that only have one area? If I were using your example, I wouldn't want to total the garage as it could be confusing. Or, could I change the text to say TOTAL instead of GARAGE: 1?

Thanks,

Logan

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report