Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Group Selection Glitch in 2010?

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
Jazzster11
169 Views, 4 Replies

Group Selection Glitch in 2010?

So I've spent the last two months learning Revit while working on a Core & Shell job for a hospital tower addition, so I have spent a lot of time working in exterior elevation views. Something I've noticed in both 2009 and 2010 is that you cannot select a group object while in a view with the "Clip with Line" view property setting. Selecting the objects within a group is not an issue, but you need to select the group to edit it, so I've been forced to change my view property setting to "Clip without Line" in order to select my group, then make my changes, then change the setting back. This seems to be the case whether you're in a plan or an elevation view, but I haven't found much reason to use this setting in plan, but it is VERY helpful to use this setting in elevation.

Is this a glitch or is there a benefit to this "feature"? I like to use Clip with Line for my building elevations and sections so that I can select the elevation or section marker and dynamically adjust the clip line to control the range of what I can see.

Thanks.

- Alex
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

Alex,

I can't see any benefit to this "feature". It looks like a real bug to me.

This happens to me, too, even in a small file.

For a workaround, I would make a duplicate "working" view (with the clip with line turned off) if you edit groups extensively.

Joe Edited by: Joe_Charpentier on Jul 14, 2009 11:03 AM
Message 3 of 5

Alex,

I can't see any benefit to this "feature". It looks like a real bug to me.

This happens to me, too, even in a small file.

For a workaround, I would make a duplicate "working" view if you edit groups extensively.

Joe
Message 4 of 5

Hmm, that's weird- double post.
Message 5 of 5
Jazzster11
in reply to: Jazzster11

Yeah, duplicating the views will work. I already have a ridiculous number of views, but this is still better than constantly changing the view properties.

Thanks.

- Alex

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report