Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

grids and section annotations

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
Anonymous
320 Views, 2 Replies

grids and section annotations

I am having problems with my grid lines and section lines moving around in different views. When I say moving around, I don't mean that the actual line moves, just the location of the head and end point. Section lines go from being "trimmed" such that there is a gap in the middle of the line to going all the way across the plan. I can get these set up in view so that they are how I like them but if I make any changes to that view they get all messed up again. I can usually change the view clip region and get them back to where they should be but this doesn't always work. Does anyone know of a way to lock these down so that they don't move, EVER?
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

I have to manually adjust these situations in each view. I've had luck with scope boxes but I haven't quite figured out the rules by which they operate. That said, check help on scope boxes to find out what they are. They are easy to create and adjust, then just select all you gridlines, sections, and elevations and set them to use the particular scope box that is appropriate. In general, that sets grid bubbles and section bubbles in a similar location (In my experience, grid bubbles respond to scope boxes better than section bubbles). But at least the scope box itself gives you a visual aid in moving section and grid bubbles to approximately the same location. Along these lines, I have requested that section heads "snap" into alignment the way grid bubbles do, but so far no luck with the development team. Cheers and sorry there isn't a better way that I know of. Christopher "clarkitekt" wrote in message news:404bad1c$1_2@newsprd01... > I am having problems with my grid lines and section lines moving around in > different views. When I say moving around, I don't mean that the actual line > moves, just the location of the head and end point. Section lines go from > being "trimmed" such that there is a gap in the middle of the line to going > all the way across the plan. I can get these set up in view so that they are > how I like them but if I make any changes to that view they get all messed > up again. I can usually change the view clip region and get them back to > where they should be but this doesn't always work. Does anyone know of a way > to lock these down so that they don't move, EVER? > >
Message 3 of 3
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

Thanks, for the advise, I will check them out. I have also requested these to snap align so hopefully we will get it! "Christopher Herr" wrote in message news:405158ed_1@newsprd01... > I have to manually adjust these situations in each view. I've had luck with > scope boxes but I haven't quite figured out the rules by which they operate. > That said, check help on scope boxes to find out what they are. They are > easy to create and adjust, then just select all you gridlines, sections, and > elevations and set them to use the particular scope box that is appropriate. > In general, that sets grid bubbles and section bubbles in a similar location > (In my experience, grid bubbles respond to scope boxes better than section > bubbles). But at least the scope box itself gives you a visual aid in > moving section and grid bubbles to approximately the same location. > > Along these lines, I have requested that section heads "snap" into alignment > the way grid bubbles do, but so far no luck with the development team. > > Cheers and sorry there isn't a better way that I know of. > > Christopher > > > "clarkitekt" wrote in message > news:404bad1c$1_2@newsprd01... > > I am having problems with my grid lines and section lines moving around in > > different views. When I say moving around, I don't mean that the actual > line > > moves, just the location of the head and end point. Section lines go from > > being "trimmed" such that there is a gap in the middle of the line to > going > > all the way across the plan. I can get these set up in view so that they > are > > how I like them but if I make any changes to that view they get all messed > > up again. I can usually change the view clip region and get them back to > > where they should be but this doesn't always work. Does anyone know of a > way > > to lock these down so that they don't move, EVER? > > > > > >

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report