Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

grid line text and bubbles missing - please help, it's driving me mad !

16 REPLIES 16
Message 1 of 17
Anonymous
5858 Views, 16 Replies

grid line text and bubbles missing - please help, it's driving me mad !

Hi

I'm totally new to Revit and to start, I just want to add some grid lines. Simple enough you may say, I've watched tutorials, read the lesson and they still do not show. When I zoom in on the bubble, it dissappears and there is no text in there. All boxs are ticked. I'm suspecting it's something to do with the fact I have just opened Revit for the first ime and something hasn't loaded, or I've not set up revit properly beforehand, just opened ready to draw grids.

2 hours later and I'm wound up - please can someone help, thanks, Terry

16 REPLIES 16
Message 2 of 17
LisaDrago
in reply to: Anonymous

so a few questions...

So you start the grid command  you pick your first point and then you second point and you get nothing but a line? See image attached of Grid.

2. under the visibility graphics (VV or VG keyboard shortcut) on the Annotation tab - is Grid turned on or off? See image attached vv.

Let me know how those all are and if you could post an image that would be a great help.

LD

If this helped solve your issue - remember to 'accept as solution' to help other find answers!
You can't think AutoCAD and run Revit.
Email: LisaDragoEE@gmail.com
Message 3 of 17
Anonymous

Hi Lisa

Firstly, many thanks for responding, I very much appreciate. Ok, before you replied, I thought about an error message that appeared eveytime I loaded revit architecture or structural. It said file defaultgbrenu.rte does not exist (please see attachment -error template not found).

I thought is this causing the issue?. It shouldn't do, it's only a template, what has it got to do with grid lines?. Anyone I found the missing template on the web and loaded on my c drive.

When I restarted, it started without error message and strangely, the layout was different when I started a new project - this time, the image (see attachment) with the template loaded greeted me. i.e.evrything greyed out except the ability to use the area icon which wasn't greyed out. From here on, I could put in grid lines and success the bubbles did appear as desired??

I checked what you said before I loaded the newly found template and my settings were the same and the bubbles were obviously still missing - so it appears in conclusion that just by loading the template resolved the issue.

I'm getting there and no doubt will be posting more questions in the future. Thanks again.

Terry

Message 4 of 17
Anonymous

Hi, I have the same problem! Can you please send me the missing template? I can't finde them on the web

Message 5 of 17
LisaDrago

what is your email... can't post the file here...

If this helped solve your issue - remember to 'accept as solution' to help other find answers!
Message 6 of 17
Anonymous
in reply to: LisaDrago

Hey, I have send you a email, did you recieved it?
Aramjan.s@gmail.com 

You can also send it to:
sewak-a@hotmail.com 

Message 7 of 17
Anonymous

Hi Lisa,

Please could you send me the file too, regarding the missing bubbles and text? im aslo unclear where to save it in my library.

my email is robin.rogers0812@gmail.com

Regards.

Message 8 of 17
Anonymous

i think i have the same problem here Lisa

please help.. i already tried unchecking and cheking the "grid" in annotation categories.. still no changesbeginner problem.png

Message 9 of 17
LisaDrago

Hello @Anonymous - sorry to hear you are having some trouble...

when you select the grid line what are you seeing in the type properties?

type prop.JPG

Message 10 of 17
Anonymous

I have attached a screen capture of the properties side.. Please do help me Sent from: Lenovo A850
Message 11 of 17
LisaDrago

I am not seeing the image - can you resubmit.

Message 12 of 17
Anonymous

Hi, it's my first time to use revit but i'm having problem with the bubbles and text for the grid lines...I'm using the 2015 version.

Message 13 of 17
Anonymous

@LisaDrago thank you so much.. i got help in my other problem which is the elevation.. someone gave me a template and when i used it the grid bubbles appeared.. and also when i looked into this reply of yours i was able to find my way.. thank you so much
Message 14 of 17
mikebZP76Q

Happy 12th Anniversary to this still being a problem in Revit. 

Message 15 of 17
Alfredo_Medina
in reply to: mikebZP76Q

@mikebZP76Q wrote:

Happy 12th Anniversary to this still being a problem in Revit. 

Why do you call this a problem? Creating grids? This has never been a problem. The problem is that some people try to use a professional software without any basic training nor a good installation nor the basic default settings and templates, and then they complain about anything that doesn't work as expected and then they try to learn the software in a forum, thread by thread. That is he problem, not the grids.

Alfredo Medina _________________________________________________________________ ______
Licensed Architect (Florida) | Freelance Instructor | Autodesk Expert Elite (on Revit) | Profile on Linkedin
Message 16 of 17
mikebZP76Q
in reply to: Alfredo_Medina

It's a problem that after 12 years of this thread Autodesk has not made grid head visibility more intuitive. This is the only software where after years of use I often spend an hour or more simply printing sheets. I have views that have the IDENTICAL settings but print differently. I have grid heads that appear in the view, but do not print. I am aided by team members in my office who have 15+ years of Revit experience- and even they can't often diagnose my issues in less than 30 minutes. I have worked at a very well-known, very large firm, that employs the best Revit technicians in the field, and they too are often stumped by what should be really easy problems. 

This is the most expensive software in my workflow and it is flabbergasting that almost nothing seems to change from year to year. 

Message 17 of 17
ToanDN
in reply to: mikebZP76Q

Can you remind what the problem is?  No bubbles, no text, no both?

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report