Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Grid ceiling family missing

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
Shawn
4917 Views, 4 Replies

Grid ceiling family missing

Recently installed Revit 13 and am now using it - but when I go to make a grid ceiling the basic compound grid ceiling family type is not there. I can't load it (system family) so how do I find it?

Bad installation?

Thank you.

SG

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
Shawn
in reply to: Shawn

I would appreciate it if someone from Autodesk could respond to this question.

I will correct my question: I do have the compound ceiling type "GWB on Mtl Stud", but that's it; the other options for 2X2 and 2X4 ACT are not visible in th type selector and these cannot be loaded from the library. So where are my ceiling types?

There are three other people in my office who have the same installation of Revit 13 and these missing ceiling types all appear on their computers. Only I cannot find. Thank you.

SG

Message 3 of 5
Alfredo_Medina

There are 2 simple solutions:

• Get the template that your co-workers are using to start their projects, and set that as your default template.
  • Do Ceiling > Edit type > Duplicate > edit / modify properties as usual, to create new types of ceilings.

Alfredo Medina _________________________________________________________________ ______
Licensed Architect (Florida) | Freelance Instructor | Autodesk Expert Elite (on Revit) | Profile on Linkedin
Message 4 of 5
Shawn
in reply to: Alfredo_Medina

Okay, will try, thank you.

Just to be clear - you are telling me that the families that load with a new project are dependent upon which template you choose? In this case I used a structural template and my cohorts are probably opening construction or architectural template files. This would explain the difference but was not expected. Thank you again.

SG

PS - is there any sort of document or description of the differences between the various templates? I know that view settings and view ranges are different, but apparently there are other differences as well.  If I understood this better I can avoid this mistake in the future.

Message 5 of 5
Alfredo_Medina

• Yes, each template comes with different pre-loaded families, types, settings, etc, as per each trade's responsibilities in design.
  • I don't know if there is a document explaining the differences between the templates.

Alfredo Medina _________________________________________________________________ ______
Licensed Architect (Florida) | Freelance Instructor | Autodesk Expert Elite (on Revit) | Profile on Linkedin

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report