Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Grid bubbles size

7 REPLIES 7
SOLVED
Message 1 of 8
gdawgg2000
35545 Views, 7 Replies

Grid bubbles size

I am just starting to use revit and in trying to do some tutorials i am having problems with the grid bubbles.  The bubbles are so small that there is no visible text inside them and since the bubbles are so small it makes it difficult to adjust the lines and understand which line is which. 

is this a configuration issue, scale issue, type issue?  I havge tried to load grid bubble families but this does not change anything

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
ccollins
in reply to: gdawgg2000

The Grid Bubble and Label actual size remains fixed--as you change scales.

Try setting the scale of your view to something common like 1/8" = 1'-0"

The Grid Bubbles and Label should show up correctly.

If not, there is something wrong with the Grid Head Family ( this would be very unlikely. )

cheers

Cliff B. Collins
Registered Architect/BIM Manager
Thalden Boyd Emery Architects
St. Louis, MO
Message 3 of 8
gdawgg2000
in reply to: ccollins

I have tried to change the scale of the page and the bubble size remains the same size which is unusable.  I cant read the text, if any is inside the bubble.

I was wondering if it was a configuration issue bc i understand that it is supposed to remain the same size for printing continuity.

Message 4 of 8
gdawgg2000

actually as i try to figure this out this whole time i am realizing that there are no buubles on the grid lines, just the small circle to adjust the grid line.  how do i get revit to automatically put the bubble on the grid line.

Message 5 of 8
ccollins

Click the check box at the end --it's a bit far away from the end of the grid line, this will turn on the Bubble.

If that still doesn't work, see the attached.

Click on the Grid, then go to Type Properties, where you specify the Bubble/Circle.

cheers

Cliff B. Collins
Registered Architect/BIM Manager
Thalden Boyd Emery Architects
St. Louis, MO
Message 6 of 8
shadowy.horse
in reply to: ccollins

Hello,

I have a problem with grid bubbles. When I go to the Type Properties pannel, I don't have a symbol to choose, there is only <none> value. Does someone have any idea?

Message 7 of 8
AJA14
in reply to: shadowy.horse

Hi,

In reality, the bubble size changes with scale. Its an annotative element. grid bubbles are loadable families and if you don't have them, then it probably means that you have not downloaded the libraries, templates and family templates with the installation. To check do the following:

1- Go to application menu (Big R).
2- At the bottom right click on option.
3- select file locations.
4- Check if you have the templates, family templates and libraries in the places. Even if the places show the libraries, click on the browse button and check if they are in the folder.

If they are, then post your file for us to check.

Otherwise do the following:

1- Go to control panel.
2- programs and features
3- uninstall revit
4- choose repair (Don't uninstall)
5- choose add contents.
6- Select the appropriate contents (US metric, US imperial, UK, ...)

Hope this solves your problem.

Regards,

Ali Al-Hammoud
Structural Design Engineer
MZ & Partners Engineering Consultancy
Message 8 of 8
timpy6

Fact check: Grid bubbles stay the same size as view scale is changed. Annotations only appear to resize due to the relative size of the model as the apparent model size changes relative to the sheet. 

This is an old thread, but it still comes up in search results. So, accuracy is still important.

http://revitoped.blogspot.com/2010/02/dept-of-workarounds-smaller-grids-in.html

Thanks,

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report