Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Green Building Studio - Revit Error

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
MKEllis
1351 Views, 5 Replies

Green Building Studio - Revit Error

I am having trouble getting a model to export the energy model.

I have a simple classroom grouping, and I have set up a project on GBS - but when I try the "Run Energy Simulation", it starts, completes the Energy Analytical Model, allows me to select the project (that I set up on the GBS website) but spits out the following error before progressing beyond 0% on the "start an Energy Simulation" :

gbs-error-from-revit.jpg

I have exported the gbXML - and manually uploaded it to GBS - and after a couple of errors (material layers <25mm) it runs the assessment from there. But it would be far easier done from Revit.

I had successfully done some Mass model assessments, but this is with the more detailed Building Element Mode.

Not sure if it is the integrity of the data in the model, and some error in a specific material or layer - or whether it is a connection problem.

I have a full subscription to Building Design Suite Premium.

Many thanks,

Martin

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
luna.ye
in reply to: MKEllis

Hi Mkellis,

This may be an issue with Google Maps and the weather stations the Conceptual Energy Analysis uses.

May I know which Revit version do you use?

If you use Revit 2014, please make sure that update 2 is installed and you have signed into the Autodesk 360 services.

Hope this helps.

If my post answers your question, please click the "Accept as Solution" button. This helps everyone find answers more quickly!

Luna Ye
Product Support
Message 3 of 6
MKEllis

Hello Luna,

Many thanks for the reply.

It is Revit 2014 - I had thought that it was up to date, but it is quite possible that I am thinking of Autocad - I'll check later.

I know that I was signed in to 360 (I had checked - to make sure that wasn't the issue).

I'm away from Revit until this evening, so I'll check then and let you know how I get on. (fingers crossed that is the issue - hopefully it is, as it still runs the mass model assessment from Revit without a problem).

Many thanks,

Martin

Message 4 of 6
MKEllis
in reply to: luna.ye

No joy, updated Revit 2014 to Update 2 (Build: 20131024_2115(x64))

Exactly the same error process as before - double checked that I was signed in to Autodesk 360 too.

Not sure where the error lies.

The location is set up in the Revit file - including an appropriate weather station - I wonder whether the fact that I also setup a location on the project in the GBS site is somehow at conflict with the revit set location ?

OK - tried it from within Revit, and rather than use the existing project, I selected 'Create New'. This time the analysis seemed to go through - sort-of. It now spits out an error with the analysis that doesn't occur if I export the gbXML manually. This would back up the issue being with the location. (This is a separate error related to material layer thicknesses - see below).

Setting the project values in GBS and having Revit export directly to that project - rather than create a new one each time - is preferrable as there are too many 'once-only' settings that you cannot change once the project has run an analysis on GBS, and of course, the ability to export multiple runs to the same project is necessary to have comparisons.

Are there any work-arounds with the location to allow Revit to export ?

As a separate issue:

GBS throws out errors such as:

"Issue: An error has occurred related to the DOE-2 simulation. It is below and may be of assistance in determining the issue with your building model. If it is unclear what the issue is, please submit the issue at the link below and include the gbXML file used for this run. <br/> * 361 * ..<br/>*ERROR****************************************************************************************<br/>*ERROR*****Cannot simulate LAYERS aim0138 as given. The wall is too thin or<br/> U-VALUE CONSTRUCTION.<br/>*ERROR****************************************************************************************<br/>*ERROR*****Cannot simulate LAYERS aim0138 as given. The wall is too thin or<br/> * 489 * ..<br/>*ERROR********* == ***************************************************************************<br/>*ERROR*****aim0138 has no data due to previous error<br/>"

Is there an easy way to find this layer in Revit from the code given here so that I can correct the layer thicknesses prior to export ?

Many thanks,

Martin

Message 5 of 6
luna.ye

Hi Martin,

The error is caused by a very tiny polygon that Revit is writing to the gbXML file. The vertices of the polygon have so many significant digits that they are being rounded off and the simulation engine (DOE-2) is reading them a duplicate vertices.

Please find more explanation from here.

Please find the layer ID in analysis .xml, like “<Layer id="aim0138">” , and you may find the wall ID after.

Hope this helps.

If my post answers your question, please click the "Accept as Solution" button. This helps everyone find answers more quickly!

Luna Ye
Product Support
Message 6 of 6
anestorov

Try to sign out and sign in from inside Revit. I was getting the same error. 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report