Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphic card flickering and other issues Revit 2015

12 REPLIES 12
SOLVED
Message 1 of 13
Gary_scheurer
7470 Views, 12 Replies

Graphic card flickering and other issues Revit 2015

Hi people, 

I  have managed to install Revit Autodesk 2015 but every time i open the program on a project most of the Icon's are not visible straight away, I have also some weird flickering going on, on the screen, I have checked my graphic setting and have also downloaded the graphic card recommended pluggin from the website, my graphic card is a Nvidia quadro K1100M. Even through we have done does settings and unselected hardware accelerator from the graphic card settings I still cant use Revit correctly. 

My computer is a Dell Precision M3800, its only two months old! 

Please I seek emergency help as I am a student incapable to advance my projects due to this problem. I have spent numerous hours with the IT support from my university but we have not come to any solutions, I also don't find any direct contact to Revit IT support that i personally find unprofesional 

Here are some of the screen shots who will show you some of the Issues I have ::

Graphic card panel::

Graphic card issue.PNG

no logos::

Capture.PNG

I have no idea what to do.. 

If someone can help it would be more than welcome! 

Regards 

Gary 

12 REPLIES 12
Message 2 of 13
drp281
in reply to: Gary_scheurer

@Gary_scheurer wrote:

I also don't find any direct contact to Revit IT support that i personally find unprofesional 

if its the free student version this is all the support you get

you can call a local reseller in your area for phone support but be prepared to pay for it

http://www.autodesk.com/resellers/locate-a-reseller?cntr=US

Message 3 of 13
DarrenP
in reply to: drp281

do you have all the updates installed for Revit 2015?

DarrenP
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 4 of 13
L.Maas

There have been some problems with nvidia cards/drivers. Also there have been some issues with .NET (Windows).

So check if you have installed all updates (Revit & Windows) and maybe there is a hotfix for your graphics cards.

Check the download sections from autodesk

http://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/revit-products/downloads

Louis

EESignature

Please mention Revit version, especially when uploading Revit files.

Message 5 of 13
Gary_scheurer
in reply to: L.Maas

Hi People,

Sorry for the late reply, I did managed to find a solution after spending many hours with the Technical support team from my University here in Denmark. We figured out that flickering of the screen and missing icons not directly showing on Revit 2015 was because of the Item size via resolution.

Dropping the resolution of the screen or capacity of the graphic card ( Nvidia Quadro K11OOM) did not change or fix the problem, but keeping the graphic card at high resolution and dropping under Display (change size of all Items) so the size of Icons etc, to under 200% (Customized 195%) work perfectly. I do not have any issues now and can work on my projects as normal. But lest say that the only downfall is that my Revit Icons are still showing pretty small. But over all workable. Capture.PNG

Example of how Revit shows on my computer DELL Precision M3800.

FDSFS.PNG

In hope this can help other users.

Thanks to everyone for your help and time.

Kind Regards

Gary

Message 6 of 13

Thanks for posting that. I had the same problem with the same Dell Precision M3800 machine.
Message 7 of 13
MVietti

Hi,

I have just bought a Dell Inspiron 7000:

Graphic Card AMD Radeon R7 M270 with DDR3 from 4 GB 

Display  LED da 15,6'' UHD (3.840 x 2.160)

I have the same problem of yours and from waht you wrote I understand the is related to the resolution display and not to the graphic card. As you suggested, I dropped under Display (change size of all Items) so the size of Icons etc, to under 200% (Customized 195%). You were right the problem is solved but in my case some of the icons in revit are still too small. I can't see them. 

Can I ask you, what is the resolution of your pc ?? Some friend of mine has FHD displays and revit works totally fine.

Thank you in advance

Message 8 of 13
Gary_scheurer
in reply to: MVietti

Hi MVietti,

My resolutions is as recommended (default settings) , and I do still have the problem with very small Icon's : I have tried to lower resolution but I am not to sure what to do to resolve the Issues. When I lower the resolution to even one step down my Desktop looks way to big. Maybe there is a solution to adapt resolution via Revit only, not so sure.  Here is an example of my screen with actual settings. (very small bottom Icons)

Capture.JPG

On the other side my top Icon's are absolutely fine.

Captur4e.JPG

I hope this can give you an Idea, but unfortunately I don't have a permanent solution to this issue. Please let me know if you have the same display and if you have already find a solution.

And sorry for the late reply, I have been very busy with some projects.

Regards

Gary

Message 9 of 13
MVietti

Hi gary_Scheurer

I had the same problems of yours, and also the same screen view. Unfortunately I couldn't find any permanent solution, so I decided to give my computer back to Dell and they gave me the same laptop with a lower screen resolution and, with the new one,  Revit works perfectly fine.

I'm sorry but I think it's up to Autodesk to find a solution. I'm sure they will fix the problem.

Regards,

MVietti

Message 10 of 13
arturog23
in reply to: MVietti

Hi, i wants this Dell to use Autodesk Maya 😮  are you used Maya in your laptop??? 

Arturo from Mexico 🙂

Message 11 of 13
katlizpink

I had the same issue in Windows 10 - flickering icons, could not select elements etc. I had tried new display drivers for my Dell with a Quadro card in it, to no avail. I changed the size in the display to 175% and it now works brilliantly! Thanks so much for this, I was at wicks end!

Message 12 of 13
theresf

Thank you! This really helped me!
Message 13 of 13
Gary_scheurer
in reply to: theresf

Glad it could help 🙂

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report