Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Grafic Card unrecognized by revit!!!

8 REPLIES 8
Message 1 of 9
ruidavid
2294 Views, 8 Replies

Grafic Card unrecognized by revit!!!

Hi,

I have a gt 555 M of Nivdea

Revit send me the box attached because of my grafics card!!!

Is it something wrong with it or its just an untested card?

Shall I make some update from revit or nvidea Ge force?

Thank u all

Rui

8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
jmcintyre
in reply to: ruidavid

You should check the Adesk certified hardware page for tested cards and driver versions. If the card is new they may not have tested it with revit as yet.

http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/cert?siteID=123112&id=16391880&results=1&product_group=3&suite_...

Message 3 of 9
zionshea
in reply to: ruidavid

Hi all,

Last mesage was not complete...

I purchased a system with same Graphic Card:

PROCESSOR: i7-2720QM
MEMORY: 8G
OPERATING SYSTEM: Genuine Windows® Home Premium, 64-Bit
VIDEO CARD: NVIDIA® GeForce® GT 555M 3GB graphics with Optimus
HARD DRIVE: 1.0TB 500GB 7.2k HDD x 2
HD DISPLAY: 17.3" FHD

I installed Revit 2011 on that nice laptop and got the following message:"Some features may not be fully supported by the video card and driver on this computer.

Problem: unknown video card". This is very frasterating as I thought that I bought a good system...

And this is not end of the story - with Autocad (2010) installed on same laptop I have a very poor performance and response time when displaying 3D drawings. I have same response (almost) as I had with my previous 4 years old laptop.

PLEASE ADVISE - WHAT CAN I DO TO SOLVE MY 2 ABOVE ISSUES?     

Message 4 of 9
DarrenP
in reply to: zionshea

try going into the bios and disabling nvidia optimus

what that does is switches between the intel graphics card on the motherboard and the nvidia graphics card by default when you turn your laptop on it uses the intel graphics card for battery life if you disable that your laptop will always use the nvidia graphics card no matter what

DarrenP
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 5 of 9
zionshea
in reply to: DarrenP

Tried to update from the BIOS - did not find any option for that.

It is apparently possible from the nVidia Control Panel - tried to follow the help of nVidia but the content of the help does not match the content of the menus and options in the panel. For example could not see at all the View menu in that panel.

According to the help you also can run a specific application with a certain Graphic Processor - this also I could not find in the control panel...

Tomorow is aother day. I realy want to try this option.

Message 6 of 9
jmcintyre

If you choose to run a graphics intensive program like revit, you need to use appropriate hardware. The geforce 555GT is not a supported or even tested graphics card. The closest card certified is the GTX 360M. Check the hardware supported page at autodesk for more info.

Message 7 of 9
zionshea
in reply to: jmcintyre

According to videocardbenchmark the "GeForce GTS 360M" card has score of 866 (GeForce GTX 260M has 698) while the "GeForce GT 555M" has 1012 which is higher and show better performaence.

I would expect that Autocad will check more cards - as you know, when you purchase a laptop, you cannot chose any card in the world, or Autocad should start selling laptops and desktops.

Furthermore I am sure that there are hundreds graphic cards that have not been tested by Autocad and are very good for Revit and ADT.

Message 8 of 9
ruidavid

What have unsweared for the same question for me by an forum and by another guy that works for as company of revit resellers was:

Not all card have been tested!

Those cards that has not been tested do not means they were not good enough.

The advise just tells you it was not tested.

I have the same card the I am beggining revit mep so i had not very big files to test in, but i have almost no problems only some timnes i have to change the fine to coarse because the monitor gets black sometimes. But I think thats for another reasons like sometimes maybe I am doing something incorrected.

Why dont you mailed some revit distributor oir reseller and ask them about your problem?

You can take a look to the cards alreaddy tested and you can see that are not so much!!!

Best regards,

Rui

Message 9 of 9

All the time i try to edit some material Revit 2012 close by itself...

In Options, I found this: 

"The installed video card 'NVIDIA GeForce 610M' has not been tested with Revit.
You may continue to use Hardware Acceleration.
If you experience graphics display issues, you should:
- Turn off Hardware Acceleration"

What I have to do?

My notebook is new.

Fernanda

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report