Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Grades of Aluminum for Construction Purposes

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
PDHStudentOfWisdom
283 Views, 3 Replies

Grades of Aluminum for Construction Purposes

In the Material Browser and creating a custom door frame. Just have a question. What are the use classes for the grades of Aluminum for:

1xxx;

2xxx;

3xxx;

4xxx;

5xxx; and 

6xxx

Thank you. It doesn't have to be too detailed. I am already assuming that 6xxx is for i-beams, etc. 

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

Have you searched for an answer in the website of a manufacturer of aluminum doors? You can get this information faster there than here.

Alfredo Medina _________________________________________________________________ ______
Licensed Architect (Florida) | Freelance Instructor | Autodesk Expert Elite (on Revit) | Profile on Linkedin
Message 3 of 4

The number series indicates the material make up of the aluminum, 1000 series is effectively pure aluminum while the rest are alloys of aluminum with other materials. As Alfredo suggested, there a number of sites you can use to research aluminum.
My other older self here: http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/user/viewprofilepage/user-id/46056
Message 4 of 4

Awesome. Thank you.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report