Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GPU Help Revit 2013

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
bennie
1222 Views, 2 Replies

GPU Help Revit 2013

Hi there, 

I am new at working with Revit, I am a student busy learning the Revit 2013 Suite. 

My question is in terms of the hardware, specifically GPU.

I only have one Desktop on which I work and also Game. Now I would like to make my PC more CAD/3D Design efficient, but would also like to game on my PC occasionally. I have considered buying a Quadro Card for work and when I game put the Consumer Gaming card in but that is a little bit of a mission for anyone. 

Here are my PC Specs:

Intel i7 2600 3.40GHz

8GB DDR3 1333 Ram

AMD Ati Radeon HD 5770 1GB 128-bit GPU

850W PSU

I have two 24" Samsung screens that are both set on 1920x1080 24bit True color. 

For Gaming, I know this card is the best, but it works well for what I do. Also for the last 2 years my CAD experience has been okay with this card, some drawings might have gotten a little busy and the GPU then stutters a bit to process all the lines. Also I am using Sketchup with VRay still, until I am efficient in Revit/3DS Max.

Would anybody recommend I buy perhaps a NVidea GTX 670 OC Edition or rather sacrifice the gaming and buy a Quadro or Firepro card? I cannot find any forums that conclusively deal with this issue, many people have asked the question but no definitive answer.

So I guess in short my question is: Can I use Revit 2013 and 3DS Max for Rendering with no performance issues if I buy a NVidea GTX 670 OC?

Any other recommendations?

Thanx

Bennie

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
bennie
in reply to: bennie

47 Views - No Replies. Nice!

Message 3 of 3
DarrenP
in reply to: bennie

revit doesn't use the gpu for rendering its all processor and memory based

for 3ds Max you can look here: http://area.autodesk.com/forum/autodesk-3ds-max/autodesk-3ds-max--3ds-max-design-2013/iray-on-kepler...

DarrenP
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report