Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Good 2D detailing from Revit?

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
Anonymous
217 Views, 5 Replies

Good 2D detailing from Revit?

Has anybody seen or have got examples of good 2D detailing from Revit?
What I am looking for is typical manufacturers details in Revit form.
I read with great interest that many firms have adopted Revit as their way of producing 'Construction Information', but I find little evidence that could be considered as detailed to manufacturers standard details level.
RSVP
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

Speaking from a residential stand point we did not find Revit had the construction documentation standards we needed as opposed to AutoCAD/ADT. I know of a competitor that has used Revit for the design / pre-visualization work and then creates the CD's in AutoCAD/ADT but that was too cumbersome for us. Can't speak for commercial but I am sure others can offer their 2 cents as well. Regards, Jeff
Message 3 of 6
Anonymous

We are a fairly small firm but do an even mix of residential and commercial. We have been on Revit exclusively for about 3 years and have had no problems achieveing the level of detail we need in our documentation. We push a lot of our designs as much as we can, so detailing can become very involved. The tools for strictly drafting in Revit may not be as polished as ACAD, but that pales in comparison to all the benefits. I was a huge ACAD fan, loved to tinker and customize, but would hate to have to go back to it! Revit is simply a better tool. There realy is no reason to do half Revit, half ACAD, except that so many people already know ACAD its hard to abandon. Thats my 2c Mike Wiseman "Jeff42" wrote in message news:15256687.1103725856677.JavaMail.jive@jiveforum2.autodesk.com... > Speaking from a residential stand point we did not find Revit had the construction documentation standards we needed as opposed to AutoCAD/ADT. I know of a competitor that has used Revit for the design / pre-visualization work and then creates the CD's in AutoCAD/ADT but that was too cumbersome for us. Can't speak for commercial but I am sure others can offer their 2 cents as well. Regards, Jeff
Message 4 of 6
Anonymous

AutoCAD has lines, arcs and circles; Revit has lines, arcs and circles... AutoCAD has Text; Revit has Text... Yes, it's possible and as easy as pie! -- Regards, Paul Monsef ----------------------------- TSA | architects, pllc Production/CAD Manager 425.401.6828 x105 paulmonsef_NOSPAM_@tsaarchitects.com "steve at ruddles" wrote in message news:29294637.1103713326146.JavaMail.jive@jiveforum1.autodesk.com... > Has anybody seen or have got examples of good 2D detailing from Revit? > What I am looking for is typical manufacturers details in Revit form. > I read with great interest that many firms have adopted Revit as their way > of producing 'Construction Information', but I find little evidence that > could be considered as detailed to manufacturers standard details level. > RSVP
Message 5 of 6
Anonymous

Agreed, we detail everything in Revit, including legacy jobs that are still in AutoCAD. We find standard control and enforcement (leaders, text, linework, etc) to be much more efficient in Revit. Not to mention the automatic view coordination. Revit's detail components are very powerful and speed up the process 10 fold. I've used autocad for many years and I can draft faster in revit, then I can in autocad. We do both residential and commercial. -Z "Mike Wiseman" wrote in message news:41c994c9_1@newsprd01... > We are a fairly small firm but do an even mix of residential and commercial. > We have been on Revit exclusively for about 3 years and have had no problems > achieveing the level of detail we need in our documentation. We push a lot > of our designs as much as we can, so detailing can become very involved. The > tools for strictly drafting in Revit may not be as polished as ACAD, but > that pales in comparison to all the benefits. I was a huge ACAD fan, loved > to tinker and customize, but would hate to have to go back to it! Revit is > simply a better tool. There realy is no reason to do half Revit, half ACAD, > except that so many people already know ACAD its hard to abandon. > > Thats my 2c > > Mike Wiseman > > "Jeff42" wrote in message > news:15256687.1103725856677.JavaMail.jive@jiveforum2.autodesk.com... > > > Speaking from a residential stand point we did not find Revit had the > construction documentation standards we needed as opposed to AutoCAD/ADT. I > know of a competitor that has used Revit for the design / pre-visualization > work and then creates the CD's in AutoCAD/ADT but that was too cumbersome > for us. Can't speak for commercial but I am sure others can offer their 2 > cents as well. Regards, Jeff > >
Message 6 of 6
Anonymous

Revit has lines, arcs and circles... ...and those lines, arcs, and circles know how to move when the underlying geometry changes! "Paul Monsef" wrote in message news:41c9bab9$1_2@newsprd01... > AutoCAD has lines, arcs and circles; Revit has lines, arcs and circles... > AutoCAD has Text; Revit has Text... > > Yes, it's possible and as easy as pie! > > -- > Regards, > > Paul Monsef > ----------------------------- > TSA | architects, pllc > Production/CAD Manager > 425.401.6828 x105 > paulmonsef_NOSPAM_@tsaarchitects.com > > > "steve at ruddles" wrote in message > news:29294637.1103713326146.JavaMail.jive@jiveforum1.autodesk.com... > > Has anybody seen or have got examples of good 2D detailing from Revit? > > What I am looking for is typical manufacturers details in Revit form. > > I read with great interest that many firms have adopted Revit as their way > > of producing 'Construction Information', but I find little evidence that > > could be considered as detailed to manufacturers standard details level. > > RSVP > >

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report