Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ghost lines appear in drawings while zooming and panning

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
ehren
2703 Views, 5 Replies

Ghost lines appear in drawings while zooming and panning

All, Thank you for your responses.

My office has been experiencing a problem where ghost lines of our elements appear while zooming in and out. as well as panning. These lines are the zoomed in or out version of the view (If I zoom in to something the previously zoomed out edges appear as ghost lines, visaverse). The lines occur in multiple scales between the original zoom level and the new zoom level though so it really clutters everything on the screen. The lines tend to disappear over an object once said object is selected, they still appear over the remainder of the screen though. Our office runs Revit '14 on Macs with a combination of VMWare and Parallels. I have tried to adjust the Graphics option but "Use hardare Acceleration" will not work on an emulated machine and "Anti-Aliasing" doesn't seem to have any effect.

If you look at the attached image you can see where the foundation wall is supposed to be solid grey and instead is showing up as the edge lines with some grey, but mostly ghosted lines of the model.

Has anyone else experienced these problems and if so what are the fixes? I am doubtful that it has anything to do with the computer's graphics hardware since this even occurs on the new top of the line Mac Pro machines that we have.

Thanks again for your assistance,

Ehren

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
alan.quinn
in reply to: ehren

Please respond to the following:

1. Is this happening on all file or just this one?

2. If only one file, are all users effected?

3. When was the last time you saved the file as a new central?

4. When was the last time you ran Audit and Purged on this file?

5. Did you check the file for large coordinates? (Either the Survey Point is far away from the geometry or a piece of geometry is off out in space. To check the former turn on the Project/Survey Points under Site in and plan view, uncrop the view. Hit ZA on you keyboard, what happens? If your geometry is still front and central you are many not have an issue, if you cannot see anything you do have an issue). To check the latter go to the default 3D view and turn on all model elements and the Project/Survey Points under Site. Hit ZA on you keyboard, what happens? If your geometry is still front and central you are many not have an issue, if you cannot see anything you do have an issue)

Thanks for posting. 

Message 3 of 6
alan.quinn

I forgot to ask....what version of Revit are you running?

Message 4 of 6
ehren
in reply to: alan.quinn

Alan,

Thank you for your response. We are using Revit'14 Building Suite on this project.

1. The issue has only happened in this one file as far as I know (we don't have many other collaborative projects in Revit at the moment)

2. All of the users have experienced the issue to some extent, although one user said that the problem has been much less prevalent on his machine since he updated to windows 8.

3/4. We have not saved the file as a new central in some time so I will look to do that while auditing the file as well.

5. Due to the shared grid system that the project architect has set up, and our interpretation on how to link that into our model the differnce between the project survey point and base point is approximately 435 miles... I can only believe that this is to blame for the graphic errors.

Thanks again for your response and if anything changes on my end I'll post an update or solution.

Regards,

Ehren

Message 5 of 6
Alisder.Brown

Use Bootcamp

I have found in my travels that using paralells are not good enough. Never seen this issue on a MAC before though, but seen it on many PC's, it is 9 times out of 10 a graphics card issue. Are your drivers up to date? Are you using a reccomended card?

Everyone office i visit with MAC's use Bootcapm, it is much better at running Revit. 

Or... get a windows PC? they are much cheaper and better 😛 lol

regards

Alisder Brown
Senior BIM Coordinator
Scotland, UK

Message 6 of 6
ehren
in reply to: Alisder.Brown

I rebooted in Bootcamp (I am new to MAC and was unaware of this feature) and the issue still persisted.

If I had my choice I would use a PC but the office I am in runs all MAC. Regardless, one user of the model in question is running Windows 8 through VMware and doesn't seem to have this problem since updating from Windows 7.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report