Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Get true size of roof slopes

10 REPLIES 10
SOLVED
Message 1 of 11
aufisaufis
2829 Views, 10 Replies

Get true size of roof slopes

Hello,

Is there any possibility I can see and print out the true sizes of roof slope planes? Does it have anything to do with reference planes? 
Thank you in advance,

10 REPLIES 10
Message 2 of 11
rosskirby
in reply to: aufisaufis

Could you elaborate?  I'm not sure I understand your question.  

When you model the roof, and are still in sketch mode, select one of the edges and check the box for "Defines slope" in the Options Bar, and then assign a slope.  Alternatively, you could either add a slope arrow to control specific head/tail elevations or use the modify sub-elements tools to set specific elevations at various points.

Ross Kirby
Principal
Dynamik Design
www.dynamikdesign.com
Message 3 of 11
aufisaufis
in reply to: rosskirby

Ross Kirby,

thanks for your attention. I am interested in getting the true size of the roof slope  to make a physical architectural model. Revit is very smart in creating forms and shapes, much smarter than me. I have designed a building model in Revit with quite complexed rood configuration, and I thought it would be much easier to get the layout of the roof, cut it out and make a cardboard model. For example, if I look at the top view, I get horizontal projection, if I look from front, I get frontal projection etc. And none of these reveal the true geometrical shape of the roof slope ( or side of facet). Of course, I cal calculate and draw this manually, but finished Revid model seems quite promising in providing information ( also about the geometry, because it has been calculated already)

Message 4 of 11

If I understand you well you want to have a view that is perpendicular on your roof face..

If so ,then you can try this:

1. in an elevation (profile view) of the roof draw a Reference Plane using Pick Lines - pick to the roof slope . Name somehow the Reference Plane
  2. in the same elvation make a Section . Use Rotate function to rotate Section Line so to be parallel to the roof slope
  3. open the new Section View . From Architecture>Set - set Work Plane to be the Reference Plane from step 1
  4. Now , in the new created Setion View you will see the roof plane at its true dimensions and you will be able to put dimensions using Aligned Dimensions

Constantin Stroescu

EESignature

Message 5 of 11
dbroad

In addition to what Constantin said, this video gives an alternate process.
Architect, Registered NC, VA, SC, & GA.
Message 6 of 11
aufisaufis
in reply to: dbroad

Thank you for your help, looks like it's the correct way to do this. I only get to see if I did right when I will print out the elements and see if they fit together. Thanks again

Message 7 of 11
dbroad

Glad to help.  Thanks for the kudos guys!

Message 8 of 11
chrisplyler

You're welcome dbroad.
Message 9 of 11
robertovalentino

any chance to have the video again ?
Thanks

Message 10 of 11
dbroad
in reply to: robertovalentino

Message 11 of 11
robertovalentino

@dbroad 
Thank you so much!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report