Revit Architecture

Revit Architecture

Foggo
Message 1 of 2 (789 Views)
Accepted Solution

Generic Family - Room Bounding Propoerties

789 Views, 1 Replies
02-24-2012 04:44 AM

I would like to add a "Room Bounding" Parameter / Constraint to a Generic Family I have already created

I have successfully created a Shear wall Family for the core of a building I am modeling.

I've stacked one on top of another and linked it as a project file with a Global "Room Bounding" checked into the main Project File 

Geometrically it all works perfectly and even looks right with a concrete fill linestyle. But sadly the instance doesn't appear to realise that it is meant to act like a wall when it comes to adding rooms!

Generic families can't be room bounding.  What you could do is create a room seperation line and then aling and lock that to your generic family.  This would make it act like it is room bounding.

Employee
loboarch
Message 2 of 2 (787 Views)

Re: Generic Family - Room Bounding Propoerties

02-24-2012 05:00 AM in reply to: Foggo

Generic families can't be room bounding.  What you could do is create a room seperation line and then aling and lock that to your generic family.  This would make it act like it is room bounding.

Jeff Hanson
Sr. Subject Matter Expert
Autodesk, Revit User Experience
Post to the Community

Have questions about Autodesk products? Ask the community.

New Post
Announcements
Are You Going To Be @ AU 2014? Feel free to drop by our AU topic post and share your plans, plug a class that you're teaching, or simply check out who else from the community might be in attendance. Ohh and don't forgot to stop by the Autodesk Help | Learn | Collaborate booths in the Exhibit Hall and meet our community team if you get a chance!