Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Generic annotation in nested family does not print but are visible in view

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
maximbodearcas
2311 Views, 5 Replies

Generic annotation in nested family does not print but are visible in view

Hello everybody

I made a nested door family in that family there are 2 generic annotations they are visible in the views but when I try to plot they don't plot.

An other strange fact, they are visible in all my views -3; -2; -1; 0; 1; ... ; 9 but when I print all the floor plans it is only the -3; -2 & -1 where they don't print.

I tried to make a view template of the 1st floor (wich does everything correct) and use it on the -2 but it still doesn't print the generic annotation.

It is not a problem with my plotter because it is already in the preview clear that it will not print the symbols.

Did anyone else have this problem or knows a solution for this?

I added 2 pictures of the family in the view and in the print preview.

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6

Same issue. I have a Face Based Special Equipment Family with a Generac annotation nested. The annotation graphic will not print, or export to DWF? If the annotation is not nested the family prints fine, but that's not a viable solution. 

Message 3 of 6

I was having the same problem, but only on one view which happened to be my site plan. I discovered that the problem was the Filled Regions. I had drawn an Opaque Filled Region over the building on the site plan. This Filled Region wasn't even close to any families that had the nested generic annotations that wouldn't print (obviously, I would expect them not to print if I drew the filled region over them).   If I deleted the filled region OR made it transparent, then they would print fine.

Note that I'm an engineering consultant, so I link in the architectural file which may or may not have something to do with it.

Message 4 of 6
SamuliM
in reply to: maximbodearcas

Hi.

Our customer who is using our MagiCAD for Revit application had a similar problem just now regarding his electrical plan drawings. Eventually I ended up to this thread and started investigating how to go around it. I found out that making a massive filled region from smaller individual filled regions does the trick, no more unnecessarily hidden symbols. Yes, it is more workful but at least you get the job done. 🙂 I hope this helps you or anyone reading this thread.

Best Regards

Samuli Mattila

Progman OY

Message 5 of 6
colinsmith6740
in reply to: SamuliM

I used CutePDF writer, instead of Adobe, and that worked on my work pc.  (Bluebeam also did not work) I tried the same trick at home with no such luck.  Back to the work-around drawing board.  Will keep you posted.

Message 6 of 6

update: Vector printing worked.  Raster did not.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report