Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Generic Annotation Family

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
kate_vanhout
542 Views, 3 Replies

Generic Annotation Family

I am using Revit Architecture 2013 and have created a garage floor drain as a generic annotation because it doesnt need to be on the 3D views.  But I would like to be able to pull this annotation in on the main/garage level and place it there and have it automaticall show up on the foundation plan without having to copy and past another floor drain onto that level.  Is there a way to get this floor drain to show up on both levels!?

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

Annotations display only in the view where you place them. What if you make it a model family, plumbing fixture category, and simply turn off that category in the 3d views?

Alfredo Medina _________________________________________________________________ ______
Licensed Architect (Florida) | Freelance Instructor | Autodesk Expert Elite (on Revit) | Profile on Linkedin
Message 3 of 4

This was how I originally did it but then there were other families in the same category that I did want showing up.  I don't want to have to individually pick families to turn off and on in 3D views.  I would like to be able to load this family into my template and when someone places it, it will show up in the views it should and not show up in views it shouldn't.  I really wish there was an option when creating families to have the family not show up in 3D views like it allows you to choose if it will show up on the floor plan or elevations.

Message 4 of 4
CoreyDaun
in reply to: kate_vanhout

Perhaps you can embed the Generic Annotation into a Plumbing Fixture Family that...

A.) has completely invisible model elements.

B.) has model elements that only appear in a Detail Level that you don't use in your 3D Views.

C.) simply contains no model elements at all.

Corey D.                                                                                                                  ADSK_Logo_EE_2013.png    AutoCAD 2014 User  Revit 2014 User
──────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────
⁞|⁞ Please use Mark Solutions!.Accept as Solution and Give Kudos!Give Kudos as appropriate to further enhance these forums. Thank you!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report