Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

General questions - Changing level elevations.

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
shawn
3954 Views, 3 Replies

General questions - Changing level elevations.

Greetings,

Ive painted myself into a corner and need help getting out.

I'm tryin to finish a project for a client - it's also my first Revit project - needless to say I've made a few mistakes along the way that have taken many unpaid hours to clean up - here's the latest.

I created the modle and the site plan/topo together. To do so I created a relative elevation for the basement of 12'-6" to match the rise and slope of the site which started at low point 0'-0".

Now that I'm putting together final CD's I realize this basement elevation and resulting upper floor elevations are silly. They don't even relate to actual site elevations (it's all relative).

So getting to my question. I want to set the basement floor elvation to 0'-0" so that at least the building structure has relavant elevation numbers, but if I just change the Basement level to 0'-0" it's going to sink the building into the site topo. Can I just reset all model elevations using the basement floor as the reference starting point of 0'-0" and let the lower site elevations go negative (which really doesn't matter because this is a structural project, not a site development project)?

Clarifying this question - how do I make sure I grab everything in the model and then how do I move it  down 12'-6"??? What view should I work in to accomplish this? I've found that moving things vertically in Revit can be a bit difficult depending on the element and view.

Thank you all who help the helpless.

Shawn Graham

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Alfredo_Medina
in reply to: shawn

... how do I make sure I grab everything in the model and then how do I move it  down 12'-6"??? ...

Probably, you don't need to. Try this: from the site plan, find the Project Point. It looks like a blue circle with an "x" in it. Click on it. Change Elevation to -12'-6". Then, go to an elevation or section view. Select one of the levels > edit type > change Elevation base to "shared".

Alfredo Medina _________________________________________________________________ ______
Licensed Architect (Florida) | Freelance Instructor | Autodesk Expert Elite (on Revit) | Profile on Linkedin
Message 3 of 4
shawn
in reply to: Alfredo_Medina

Wow ! That was easy. Thanks ever so much.

Alfredo - I notice from your electronic signiture block that you seem to provide some sort of training or support for Revit, I've seen many of your posts and you seem to have a good grasp of this software. I could definitely use some additional training, but what I would really like is to have a bit of on-call support for when I have basic questions like the one I've posted here. Could you please contact me and let me know what you offer and how much, etc.

My email is shawn@peak.org

Thanks again.

Shawn Graham

Designer

Message 4 of 4
ljhudson
in reply to: shawn

What if everything is in the same file.

I want to select all and move the elevation the correct sea height so it relates with the topo.

Some how it got screwed up. and doing the project base point is not helping 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report