Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

gbXML mising CONSTRUCTION node information

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
kskleivaniotis
363 Views, 2 Replies

gbXML mising CONSTRUCTION node information

Hello,

I have designed a very simple building and I try to export it to gbXML. I have changed the type of walls from default "Generic 200mm" to an other one from the choises Revit gives. When I try to export it to gbXML I do NOT have ticked the box wich says " export default values". Then I get the gbXML file but the nodes CONSTRUCTION LAYER AND MATERIAL are mishing. If i have ticked the box " export default values" then the CONSTRUCTION LAYER AND MATERIALnodes appear. Can somebody help me in order to have every time the CONSTRUCTION LAYER AND MATERIAL nodes in my gbXML?

Thanks

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
swang12
in reply to: kskleivaniotis

Hi,

I would like to know whether you have solved this problem?

I am also building my model in Revit, with materials, and I want to export it out as gbXML file to do energy analysis. But it is very strange that in the gbXML file, it does contain the default material information. But there is no material corresponding to each surface and layer. The construction seems also in a default way. 

Have you solved this problem?

Thanks!

Best,

Na 

Message 3 of 3
kskleivaniotis
in reply to: swang12

Dear swang12,

In order to put your own material, first you have to use Revit 2013. Then, when you ll export your building in gbXML, you have to change to the section EXPORT CATEGORY, from Saces to Rooms. Have also in mind that you must have put ROOMS in order to definedyour spaces in gbXML. If  you put rooms instead of spaces, then in your gbXML you ll have spaces again that define your building geometry. Also, through the material library you can apply your thermal properties you want on the materials.

KInd regards

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report