Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

gbXML - import into Revit Architecture 2011

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
vamsinukala
1252 Views, 1 Reply

gbXML - import into Revit Architecture 2011

Hi,

I am new to REVIT ARCHITECTURE, but am a software solution provider and researching to see if REVIT can support my requirements/business use cases.

1. I was able to export sample file (from REVIT: rac_basic_sample) to gbXML. However, I cannot import back into REVIT. Is this roundtrip supported?

2. Are there any APIs that I can utilize to build a REVIT ARCHITECTURE plugin to import gbXML files?

3. In gbXML file, there was a pointer to CAD OBJECT, where can I locate the actual object. Is this CAD objectID only utilized by REVIT MEP in conjunction with DWG file or RVT files?

Any pointers or help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Vamsi

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
AnnaOscarson
in reply to: vamsinukala

Hello,

The command for gbXML import is only available in Revit MEP. The gbXML import imports certain calculated values to the MEP spaces and HVAC Zones.

There is currently no API support for import of gbXML files in Revit.

Surface and Opening elements get the CADObjectId element assigned according to the below described schema, based on associative room bounding. (Family Name): (Family Type)(Element Id)  Sample: Basic Wall: Cast Concrete Wall 12" [49749]

HVAC Zones elements CADObjectId = The ElementId for the associative HVAC Zone element.

MEP Spaces elements CADObjectId = The ElementId for the associated Room element.

Openings elements CADObjectId = The element Id for the associated element.

Hope this helps!

Anna

Anna
QA Analyst
Autodesk, Inc.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report