Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

gbXML export from revit 2015

7 REPLIES 7
Message 1 of 8
upatel
942 Views, 7 Replies

gbXML export from revit 2015

Hi All

I'm currently trying to export a buildng from Revit 2015 to gbXML for input into a dynamic thermal modelling software package.  The problem I'm coming across is that the space, or rooms, are not being transferred.  nor are the floor level names.  Has anyone else come across this ?  or is there a setting that I'm missing somewhere?

I've tried to different software packages to look at the resulting gbXML file and neither comes back with the correct names, so can say that it is an error in hte gbXML file created by Revit.  Currently using Revit 2015, with all the latest updates.

Thanks

Umesh

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
Firmanf
in reply to: upatel

Thank you for posting.

The rooms/spaces should export as long as you have them setup.

Please follow the instructions on this document:

http://www.ekotrope.com/products/user-guides/how-to-export-gbxml-from-autodesk-revit/

Hope that helps.

Fernanda Firman
Message 3 of 8
chen
in reply to: Firmanf

Hi,

I encounter the same issue. When I was exporting a gbxml from Revit 2014 the spaces/zones names were exported as well.

Now with Revit 2015 when I export a gbxml file the names are not exported.

Is there a way to fix this issue?

Thank you.

Message 4 of 8
agamas

I'm going through the same...Smiley Frustrated

Message 5 of 8
o.metta
in reply to: Firmanf

The link you gave is not working. 

I have a similar problem too.

In Revit 2014, there was no problem while spaces were exported. However, the gbxml file from revit 2015 is exported everything correctly but names. The names were like "aim20568". I suspect that this is a coordination in revit for space locations but I couldn't find the source of this information about space properties.

Therefore, after I export a file, I really have tough time to get the job right. I am waiting for a proper solution.

Message 6 of 8
mark_tabugadir
in reply to: o.metta

Hi,

I am having the same issue.  An entire level in my model is not being recognized when I try to export it even when I have all the rooms set up.  Has anyone found a fix for this?

Thanks.

Mark

Message 7 of 8
upatel
in reply to: mark_tabugadir

Hi All

thanks for the responses, and in some way glad to know i'm not the only one encountering the problem.  IES have recently issued a plugin for Revit 2015, which I did try out. At first glance it seems to have resolved some of the naming issues.

Umesh

Message 8 of 8
mdengusiak

I guess when you thinking about exporting gbXML you should always follow two check steps:

1. ungroup entire model in 3D view selected everrything and see if you have ANT WARNINGS you need to fix them before export

2. when you go to export you  MUST not have any warning this means ornage traingle should be not there see my image,

Michal

M I C H A Ł . D E N G U S I A K CEng MCIBSE
Tags (2)

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report