Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

gbXML Export Discrepancies

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
frogg
298 Views, 1 Reply

gbXML Export Discrepancies

I have a few questions about issues I've experienced when exporting gbXML's from Revit. They all have to do with the ways doors and windows are treated. Any input would be greatly appreciated! They are as follows:

For the first issue, the material take-offs are giving a certain value for a door component thickness (ex. 2") but the gbxml output gives a different thickness (ex. 2.5"). Is there some way to resolve this discrepancy or at least explain the difference?

The second issue is as such: some models I have created use the same doors and windows as others, but occasionally the gbXML does not give any window types at all in the gbxml file. Other times, there are doors set in the models and the doors are noted in the surface openings, but there is no matching door constructions listed in the gbxml. Is there any known solution to this type of missing gbXML data?

The final issue is similar to the second one. In certain models, the exported gbxml simply does not give any information about the openings specified as doors, even when there are several different door types in the model. Other cases will show the same door construction (metal surface, wood, metal surface) for all doors even though there are several different door types in the model (such as metal, wood, and/or glass doors). Is this a default door construction used in the gbxml (metal surface, wood, metal surface)? If not, is there some known reason that all the different door types are not showing up in the gbxml output when they exist in the Revit model?

Thank you,
Francis
1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
PaulLille1
in reply to: frogg

Hi,

I'm currently facing the same issue as Francis.

I draw 2500x1350 windows and I end up in the gbXML with 3000x1500 objects.

Is there any setting I missed to get the proper size of the window in the gbXML file ?

Regards

Paul

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report