Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Full Paths Saved Even When Set to "Relative"

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
davidwilliamedwards
343 Views, 3 Replies

Full Paths Saved Even When Set to "Relative"

When inserting CAD files or Revit Projects into our Project File (both stored on the network), I'm getting the full path (including the drive letter and every subdirectory) as the Saved Path even when the links are set to Relative. Whenever we archive or move the project it's still looking for links in the old locations as if they were pathed Absolute. 

What gives? Is there a method of inserting files which avoids this or some other settings?

David William Edwards
Dave Edwards Consulting
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

How deep are your file paths?  I've seen this happen when the paths get too long for Revit or AutoCAD to resolve using Relative.

Message 3 of 4

"P:\2011-011.des\A"

I've tested even reloading from C:\temp - full path is still stored...

David William Edwards

David William Edwards
Dave Edwards Consulting
Message 4 of 4

It appears to be an issue with Worksets. In a test file with no Worksets, an Inserted DWG contains just the filename as the Saved Path. If you "upgrade" the file to Worksets, an inserted DWG has the fullpath name saved. I thought at first this was because of using the local file and that the path from C: to the server drive letter was not "relative." But it appears to save the fullpath name whenever Worksets are used.

David William Edwards
Dave Edwards Consulting

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report