Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FSR Schedule Formula

11 REPLIES 11
SOLVED
Message 1 of 12
tonkata
1770 Views, 11 Replies

FSR Schedule Formula

Need help in setting up a schedule formula.

What I would like to do is creating A FSR (floor space ration) within my schedule. It's calculated by dividing the gross floor area, by the site area.

Let's say the GFA is 9400m2 / Site Area being 4500m2, this would equal to a FSR of 2.08:1

How would I do this within a schedule?
11 REPLIES 11
Message 2 of 12
ToanDN
in reply to: tonkata

You would need to add a SiteArea parameter in your Area schedule and input your actual Site Area value for it. Since the site most likely never changes for a project, you would not have to do it more than once. The rest is just a calculated value in a schedule. See attached.
Message 3 of 12
tonkata
in reply to: ToanDN

ToanDN, there is no attached?

Message 4 of 12
maciejwypych

Hi,

1. Add new calculated value in your schedule.

2 In the formula enter Area / n  

n- could be your site area, or Site Area project parameter, which is a better idea, because you can refer to it in more schedules.

fsr.JPG

Thanks,

Maciej

Message 5 of 12
ToanDN

Maybe something is wrong with my browser, I can't attached anything.  You can look at the screenshot from other answer.  My solution is basically the same.

Message 6 of 12
tonkata
in reply to: maciejwypych

Maciej, I must be doing something wrong because I'm getting 0?

FSR 1.JPG

FSR 2.JPG

Message 7 of 12
ToanDN

Message 8 of 12
tonkata

Thank you so much ToanDN, that works perfect.

If on the other hand I had multiple levels, and instead wanted to do a "total" gross floor area / Site Area, what would I need to add to this formula to make this work?

Message 9 of 12
maciejwypych

Hi Tonkata,
I'm guessing that your area format is set to 0 decimal places, you need to change the Rounding in Formatting>Field Format... to 2 or (however many you like) decimal places.
For more levels, again in Formatting select FSR and check Calculate totals.

Thanks,

Maciej

Message 10 of 12
ToanDN

+1 to what Maciej said.

You can check out the multiple level sample here.

Message 11 of 12
tonkata

Maciej, I've activated the 2 decimal place for FSR, however even with totals on, the FSR doesn't adjust?

FSR.JPG

Message 12 of 12
maciejwypych

Tonkata,

If you are using Site Area parameter, it is an instance parameter, and you need to populate each field in the schedule. (Otherwise, Revit tries to divide by 0 and it doesn't work, so the FSR values are empty 🙂 )
Just click on the remaining fields and type in the Site Area value, or select the areas one by one and type in the Site Area value in the properties.
Or you can skip the Site Area parameter and in the FSR put Area / 4160m²

Thanks,

Maciej

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report