Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Foundation Wall Issue

6 REPLIES 6
SOLVED
Message 1 of 7
kate_vanhout
1521 Views, 6 Replies

Foundation Wall Issue

I cannot select any type of foundation wall in my program, I keep getting the message attached and when I click reset contraints it goes back to whatever wall I had chosen before. I have tried adjusting the constraints and heights of a wall I can select and then switch to a foundation wall, but the same thing. How can I fix this so I can select my foundation wall again?! 

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
VWD-MLM
in reply to: kate_vanhout

Kate,

Try hitting the expand button to see if it's all wall or just one, and to see more detailed info......., you coild aslo got to a 3D view to help determine which wall(s) is/are giving you problems........from the looks at the Prop palette, you've got one or more "Starting" 4'0" above the asigned level, and it can't make the wall............maybe give us a snapshot of the 3D view too.

Mike

Michael L. Maloney
Virtual World Designs
VDC & BIM Model Design, Clash & Coordination
mike@VirtualWorldDesigns.com
BDSU 2015, 2016
Charlotte, NC ; Fort Mill, SC
Message 3 of 7
kate_vanhout
in reply to: VWD-MLM

Sorry, I am trying to draw a new wall! and I keep getting this error message

Message 4 of 7
David_Knight

your base offset is set to 4'-0".

try changing it to 0'-0"

I have a feeling that your "T.O. FTG" to "Basement Level" distance is 4'-0" or less.

also, I assume you wanted your foundation wall to start at "T.O. FTG"

Message 5 of 7
kate_vanhout
in reply to: David_Knight

Yes I would like it to run from T.O. FTG to T.O. FDN Wall, but it will not allow me to make any changes to the properties, everything is grayed out and as soon as I either hit "cancel" or "reset constraints" it will go back to the previous new wall option I had selected. 

Message 6 of 7
David_Knight

I'm not really sure whats going on there...

I guess i'd try going to the first floor, creating a new wall (of a different type).

setting the offset back to zero.

placing a wall, then deleting it.

then go back to the footing plan and try to draw it again.

other than that, i'm stumped without a test file.

Message 7 of 7

Hey

Revit foundation walls are hard coded to only be placed by depth, not height like all other walls.

By the looks of it you are on the lowest level plan, correct? Go to the plan view that the TOP of the foundation wall is meant to start, then run through the wall tool and set your Top/base constraints and offsets, it should work.

Hope this sorts you issue

Alisder Brown
Senior BIM Coordinator
Scotland, UK

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report