Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Foundation for Stacked Wall

8 REPLIES 8
SOLVED
Message 1 of 9
PhilvK
572 Views, 8 Replies

Foundation for Stacked Wall

Below in black is a stacked wall with stucco on 8” cmu above brick on 8” cmu. One way to support this wall would be to let the wall rest on a thickened edge as shown by the green lines on sketch #1. The second way would be to extend the cmu down to the footing as shown by the red lines on sketch #2. My question is: is there way to have the cmu extend within the stacked wall type, or does another short cmu foundation wall need to be added under the stacked wall if we go this way?

Thanks

Phil

Stacked 1.jpg

Stacked 2.JPG

8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
L.Maas
in reply to: PhilvK

Would this be a solution for you?

StackedWall.png

Louis

EESignature

Please mention Revit version, especially when uploading Revit files.

Message 3 of 9
GHASEM_ARIYANI

HI

Solution # 1

After drawing floor ، Select tool Slab Floor Edge.

Click the On the edge of the floor

Revit Architecture-2.jpg

Please use " Accept as Solution", and give kudos as appropriate to further enhance these forums. Thank you!
Message 4 of 9
PhilvK
in reply to: L.Maas

Yes, thanks. Something like this is what I was heading for after I viewed more videos after my original post. I need to look at your solution a little more closer to understand where your stacked components start and end. Thanks again!

Message 5 of 9
PhilvK
in reply to: GHASEM_ARIYANI

Thank you!
Message 6 of 9
L.Maas

Hereby the project with wall

Louis

EESignature

Message 7 of 9
PhilvK

Perfect! Thank you very much.

Message 8 of 9
PhilvK

One question on the footing part of the stacked wall. I see you created this as a wall type, correct? Is this the same as selecting Structure>Foundation>Wall from the menu?
Message 9 of 9
L.Maas

In general it should be about the same. The way you proposed it are two separate objects. So you have a little bit more flexibility. On the other hand you would have to do more actions. So I would say little bit more flexibility or a little bit faster work. Maybe there are some other small nuances like easier scheduling. As often in Revit...there are several ways to get to the same end result.

Louis

EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report