Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

foundation footing HELP

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
silviaberian
754 Views, 2 Replies

foundation footing HELP

hi,   i am working with revit Architecture and i am trying to create a building with the footing.  The footing is attaching to the 1st level and i am not able to move it down so it would be under ground.  It seems there is at the floor plan only level one and two.  Am I able to create something that would be below level 1 so it would be underground?

Thanks

silvia

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
ccollins
in reply to: silviaberian

There are two ways to control the footings:

1. In Wall Properties, give a negative offset for the base of the wall from the Level--say -3 feet. The footings will remain attached to the wall and move down below grade.

2. If the walls are not intended to go below grade ( Arch. materials ), then create a new concrete foundation wall below the Arch. wall and attach the footings to it. You could also make a Stacked Wall of using the Arch. wall for the portion above grade and the conc. foundation wall below grade.

cheers

PS--try using Help in Revit when doing basic things--it usually explains it pretty well.

Cliff B. Collins
Registered Architect/BIM Manager
Thalden Boyd Emery Architects
St. Louis, MO
Message 3 of 3
yes_and_no
in reply to: ccollins

To Cliff,

I never thought of doing wall and foundation at once

like your suggestion there. Great idea for simple building,

and easy to control ext. cover overlapse the fndation.

I learned a lot just to read Q&A in the forum.

Thanks

hnQ

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report