Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FORMULA FOR THE COST OF A MATERIAL FOR AN AREA.

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
arq.rafael.p
2789 Views, 2 Replies

FORMULA FOR THE COST OF A MATERIAL FOR AN AREA.

HELLO, I'M TRYING TO GET THE COST OF AN AREA FOR A PARTICULAR MATERIAL GENERATED BY DIMENSIONS.
VALUE OF MATERIAL I'M USING THE FIELD IN COST OF MATERIALS REVIT, BUT NOT ACHIEVE PROPER FUNCTION GENERATE HELP ME POSE. 

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3

arq.rafael.p

I think you want to be getting this data via a "Material Take off" schedule

You will find this tool on the "VIEW" tab of your Ribbon, under the drop down list for "Schedules"

When you select the material Take-off, you will be prompted to choose a category to take off, choose "Walls" from the list and hit OK

You will then be prompted to choose certain information you want to display. In this case, i choose:

• Material: Area
  • Material: Cost (if you have a cost applied)
  • Material: Description
  • Material: Name

I have attached an image to show you the kind of result you can get.

In the image, i have also created a Calculated value to display the total cost of my material. To do this, when you are choosing what fields to display, there is a button in the middle for "Calculated Value".Here is the formula i used for this:

(Material: Area / 1) * Material: Cost

This formula will give you the total cost of your material Sq/M. 

And i have Grouped the material by "Material: Name" and hidden the field to make it look nicer. But you can ofc. format it however you like.

Keep in mind that making cut outs on the wall, like adding in Windows, Doors, connecting floor to Core of wall, openings etc. will affect the values in the schedule.

Alisder Brown
Senior BIM Coordinator
Scotland, UK

Message 3 of 3

I appreciate your response, it is very useful.
I'm trying to attract families with costs and options is important, you can enable / disable options, showing geometries, and parameters that puean add to the cost of the family.
This is possible and how do I work it?

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report