Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Floors not being cut in sections

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
ian.ainslie.eaa
1493 Views, 5 Replies

Floors not being cut in sections

We just upgraded a project from 2012 to 2013. After upgrading, there are two floors which do not show up as cut in any sections (they displayed correctly in 2012). The two floors in question appear in the section, but not as cut elements (no cut pattern) and it is showing edges of the floor that should be well behind where the section is cut. One floor is 8" concrete and has been made to slope using the modify sub elements command. The other floor is a variable thickness floor modified in the same way to be the earth below the concrete floor since the topo is not nimble enough to follow the shape of the concrete floor. Any ideas what could be causing this issue?

I tried remodelling the floors. No luck.

I can model it in a separate file, cut sections in that file and have it display correctly. If I insert or paste that into the main model, it goes back to displaying incorrectly.

Our structural engineer had copied the lake floor into their model which is linked into ours, so I deleted the lake floors in the structural model, reloaded it and then remodeled the floors again. And it worked... in only one of the dozens of sections that show the lake floors! So that's one more than before...

In one of the attached images you can see the sloping lake floor and the earth floor below it as it should appear and in the other image you see them both in elevation rather than section. The 3d image shows the lake floor and the surrounding "earth floors". The center of the lake floor is 7'-0" below the outermost perimeter of the floor.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6

I just realized two of the attachments did not post earlier.

Message 3 of 6

there are many issues while upgrading models form 2012 to 2013.

quick suggestion would be to create those two floors again in 2013 version. (you can copy the profile from old floor)

Parveen_Intec_Infocom (BIM, CAD, GIS, QS Services' Provider)
Message 4 of 6

there are many issues while upgrading models form 2012 to 2013.

quick suggestion would be to create those two floors again in 2013 version. (you can copy the profile from old floor)

Parveen_Intec_Infocom (BIM, CAD, GIS, QS Services' Provider)
Message 5 of 6

I tried remodeling the floors in 2013 and that still does the same thing. It at least isn't too complex to try that but still does not work. I have also tried auditing the file hoping it would find something, no luck there either.

Thanks for the response, any other ideas would be welcome!

Message 6 of 6

I am still not sure why the floors would not display properly. I suspect it has something to do with the single point at the center of the circular slab being edited to create a conical floor. Since this was really an oversimplification and slight misrepresentation of the floor, I decided to take the time to model a more accurate saucer shape and so far it is working just fine. The center disk of the lake is flat and the wedge shapes slope up to the outer perimeter. It was a little more time consuming to model but is more accurate.

It also looks a little like the Death Star, so that is cool too.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report