Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

floor plan / /foundation

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
sshover
1731 Views, 5 Replies

floor plan / /foundation

I have creating a small profile and placed it on top of a “basic wall foundation - 12 concrete” to achieve the type footing type typical in the southwest US.  

I have reviewed a number of youtubs and I am still not sure of the best work flow when creating the foundation plan as well as the sections. 

If I am on the right track the profile shows up in the floor plan view.  How do I keep the profile out of the foundation view?

Is there a better work flow?

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
Alfredo_Medina
in reply to: sshover

@cadmansteve wrote:

If I am on the right track the profile shows up in the floor plan view.  How do I keep the profile out of the foundation view?

You want to see that profile in the floor plan view but not in the foundation view? Why woud you want to show in a floor plan view? Wouldn't it be better to show it in the foundation floor plan, as a dashed line instead? Is not quite clear what the goal is.

Alfredo Medina _________________________________________________________________ ______
Licensed Architect (Florida) | Freelance Instructor | Autodesk Expert Elite (on Revit) | Profile on Linkedin
Message 3 of 6
Anonymous

In some firms, I have seen the use of "Slab Plans" which are dedicated to showing slab edges, thickened slabs, depressed/sunken slab areas, etc.

You could easily Duplicate with Detailing the Floor Plan and creat such a Slab Plan, and clearly show slab edges, etc.

and show annotations/dimensions clearly (without cluttering up the main Floor Plan and vice versa.)

cheers

Message 4 of 6
sescadd

If I am on the right track the profile shows up in the floor plan view.  How do I keep the profile from showing up in the FLOOR PLAN.

Opps

Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
in reply to: sescadd

Turn off Slab Edges under VG>Floors>Slab Edges. Then use that in a View Template and apply to the Floor Plan views.

(Not sure I excatly understood the question?).

Message 6 of 6
sescadd
in reply to: Anonymous

I have added 3 attachments showing the steps I took to add a thicken slab edge to the floor slab. This thicken slab edge connects the slab to the top of footing.  The profile for the thicken slab edge shows up in the floor plan. 

Also in the section it will appear to the contractor that there is a cold joint between the concrete pore of the footing, the thicken slab edge, and floor slab.

My question is;  How do I remove from this from the floor plan view

How do I remove the line in the section view so the slab and thicken slab edge  profile are one piece. No line between the thicken slab edge and the slab.

I am new to Revit and not sure if this is the best way to add a footing.  I am going through a number of tutorials and YouTube videos. I have not run across a sample to produce slabs and footing like this.  So this is my best guess at the work flow.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report