Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Floor placement question

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
David125
234 Views, 4 Replies

Floor placement question

Still new to Revit and trying to figure out how things should be don’t. I’m working on a model given to us by our client, the level we are working on has the floor placed +8 ½” offset from the level which is at 40’-0”. I checked the original vellums for this building and it shows the finished floor elevation at 40’-8 ½”.  As a standard revit practice does this sound right? I was under the impression you make a level at the elevation of the floor 40’-0” so you don’t have to be offsetting everything at +8 ½”.

If you have a raised floor at +14”, would it be standard practice to make another level placed at 14” A.F.F.?

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
Alfredo_Medina
in reply to: David125

Yes, what you described is the most common practice. However, I would suggest that you ask whoever made the model, what the level datum at 40'-0" is referring to. A level could refer to other elements of a building, not necesarly to the finished floor.

Alfredo Medina _________________________________________________________________ ______
Licensed Architect (Florida) | Freelance Instructor | Autodesk Expert Elite (on Revit) | Profile on Linkedin
Message 3 of 5
David125
in reply to: Alfredo_Medina

Thanks for the info. Still curious about our raised floor. Would you place raised floor family (or new floor, thats another discussion) at 14" A.F.F or create a new level at 41'-10" to place our raised floor at 14" A.F.F.

Message 4 of 5
Alfredo_Medina
in reply to: David125

Personally, I would place level datums at the top of the structural floor, keeping all other elements in reference to that level, and I would try not to place any other level datum between one floor and the next one. Having multiple level datums between two floors have negative effects in the results of View Range, because View Range works with "level above" and "level below",  without distinguishing between "main" levels or "auxiliary" levels.

Alfredo Medina _________________________________________________________________ ______
Licensed Architect (Florida) | Freelance Instructor | Autodesk Expert Elite (on Revit) | Profile on Linkedin
Message 5 of 5
David125
in reply to: Alfredo_Medina

Thanks for the info.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report