Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Floating 'Family Dialog'

25 REPLIES 25
SOLVED
Message 1 of 26
IMCornish
3573 Views, 25 Replies

Floating 'Family Dialog'

I wonder if the sudden appearance of an independant floating 'Family' dialog box is related to my having upgraded the operating system to Windows 8?  I have never seen this before and wonder why it needs to be present and how to get rid of it? All it does is repeat the heading of the 'Properties' panel. Also it has no controls but a close button and a right click menu of 'Move' and 'Hide' but using the close or hide options only removes it from the screen temporarily.

See image below:

Floating Family Dialogue.png

Andrew Robertson
Chartered Architect
Robertson Partnership
Truro. UK
25 REPLIES 25
Message 21 of 26
archmark
in reply to: IMCornish

When opening Revit 2014 I had the same problem with a very small dialog box which contained only the options to 'Hide" or 'Move' and appeared above everything else on the Revit opening screen. Not big deal, just a PITA every time I opened Revit. After reading the previous posts, I turned off the Hydravision on the AMI graphics card in my Dell M6800 and the errant dialog box has not reappeared.

What good is having a box that's 'CSV' certified when little glitches like this continue to happen?

Mark Ethridge Wodoward, Architect

Message 22 of 26
beacharchitect
in reply to: archmark

Mark, how did you turn Hydravision?

Thad A. Broom, AIA

"The Beach Architect"

"A home or building built to code is the worst that can be under the law.
Want something better? Call an AIA Architect"
Message 23 of 26
bcampbell11
in reply to: archmark

This is working!!  Thanks soo much!  This is very valuable information in our office!  We all appreciate it.

Message 24 of 26

We uninstalled Hydravision by going to contol panel, programs and features and running the AMD Catalyst Install Manager.  Choose custom and check Hydravision, uninstall.

Message 25 of 26
archmark
in reply to: bcampbell11

As I said earlier, it wasn't really that big of a deal, kinda like the "Autodesk 360 Is Waiting To Install" prompt, but we've all got better things to do EVERY DAY other than taking care of minor irritants like this, EVERY DAY.

It sounds like the problem may have or still does exist on NVIDA graphic cards also. I wish the manufacturers offered two types of hardware, one with all "the bells and whistles" and one "plain jane". I'd buy the "plain jane" every time. I still haven't figured out how or why "Hydravision" would benefit me. I've got dual monitors and that's all I really want or need. I don't want to cut each monitor up into 16 different tiny unreadable ones!!!
Message 26 of 26

all you have to do:

1. open catalyst control center
2.click on AMD firepro
3. click on Hydravision Desktop manager
4. uncheck "enable dialog repositioning" under Dialog control.
5. apply
6. enjoy revit again

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report