Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Find Elements in Workset

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
kwillems
2898 Views, 4 Replies

Find Elements in Workset

Our model has a large number of worksets (too many, if you ask me...).  I want to reduce them to a more reasonable level, however, I want to reassign elements to appropriate worksets.

For some worksets, it's not clear what the elements are, just that they exist.  How can I find the elements in a given workset?

Thanks!

Tags (2)
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

You can control it by color of the Worksets:

• from View Control Bar , activate Worksharing:Display Worksets> Worksets.
  • Worksharing Display Settings > Worksets -edit Colors here -and Apply
  • you can also control Owners, Status, Model updates...

Image 5.png

Image 6.png

Image 7.png

Constantin Stroescu

EESignature

Message 3 of 5

Thank you, Constantin. I will give that a try.
Message 4 of 5

Hi, Constantin -

I looked into the interesting technique you showed above - thank you, that had not been on my radar.

However, this only shows elements in a particular view.  I am looking for a way to identify the elements in the project.  We have some worksets which are clearly not empty, as I get the "Elements...should be: Moved to:" message when I try to delete them.  Unfortunately, I am so far unable to find these elements in the views I've looked at (we have hundreds of model views...). I have no idea what types of elements they are, or in what sort of view they would show.

So far, I have been using brute force: open various types of views, show all elements and annotations, hide all worksets, and then show one workset at a time. Which is very inefficient and so far only partially successful.

Thanks again - I appreciate your time.

Message 5 of 5
CoreyDaun
in reply to: kwillems

You could temporarily isolate a Workset (project-wide) by closing all of the others, under the Worksets dailog.

Corey D.                                                                                                                  ADSK_Logo_EE_2013.png    AutoCAD 2014 User  Revit 2014 User
──────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────
⁞|⁞ Please use Mark Solutions!.Accept as Solution and Give Kudos!Give Kudos as appropriate to further enhance these forums. Thank you!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report