Revit Architecture

Revit Architecture

Contributor
dlam
Message 1 of 2 (171 Views)

Filter the selection before NWC export

171 Views, 1 Replies
03-08-2012 10:19 AM
I typically filter out the stuff I don't want and only select the stuff I leave in for the NWC export. (3D view)

Let's say I have exactly what I want after the filter, is there a way to setup a view template (3D view) so that everytime when I come back to this view, I don't have to redo the filter again and it will show me only the stuff I want?
Product Support
Lance.Coffey
Message 2 of 2 (125 Views)

Re: Filter the selection before NWC export

04-05-2012 12:59 PM in reply to: dlam

It sounds like you are using a selection filter to control what is exported to Navisworks. I can think of at least two ways to save your selection in the view.

1. After using the selection filter to adjust what elements are selected in the view, click the Temporary Hide/Isolate command (the eyeglasses in the View Control Bar), select Isolate Element, and then click the Temporary Hide/Isolate command again and click Apply Hide/Isolate to View.

Note: If you want to maintain an unchanged version of the view, you can duplicate the view before going through the steps above.

2. In the 2013 software after selecting the elements, click Save (on the Modify Ribbon tab, Selection Ribbon Panel), type a name for the selection, and click OK. When you want to restore the selection (with nothing currently selected), go to the Manage Ribbon Tab, click Load (on the Selection Ribbon Panel), select the saved selection and click OK.

Note: The second option won't work as well right now if you don't have the Navisworks exporter for the 2013 software.

Lance Coffey
Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.
Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions or visit the Installation and Licensing Forum to get help installing your software.