Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Filter Text Notes by Color?

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
cbcarch
8982 Views, 4 Replies

Filter Text Notes by Color?

Seems like such a simple thing...but--

Is it possible to Filter views ( and apply to view template ) for Text by Color?

We have some red text which we want to filter (off) in views for printing / issuing sheets, but have on for in-house review.

I could not find a way to set up a Filter for text notes, or color of text notes, etc.

Cliff B. Collins
Registered Architect The Lamar Johnson Collaborative Architects-St. Louis, MO
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
CoreyDaun
in reply to: cbcarch

Nope. One cannot target [most] Annotation Categories with View Filters. You also cannot change that particular Text Style to the color white, because it will still print as black. What you can do is temporarily change the font to the attached "GhostText.ttf" font (zipped), which is an entirely blank font I created. Of course, you would have to install this font on the computer that is going to be handling the printing. HTH.

Corey D.                                                                                                                  ADSK_Logo_EE_2013.png    AutoCAD 2014 User  Revit 2014 User
──────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────
⁞|⁞ Please use Mark Solutions!.Accept as Solution and Give Kudos!Give Kudos as appropriate to further enhance these forums. Thank you!
Message 3 of 5
SteveKStafford

Sorry Filters do not work on annotation, except View annotation like sections and elevations.

You can create a saved selection set of the text you'd like to be "non-printing". Select multiple elements and you should see a Selection panel where you can Save a selection set (true of the last few releases of Revit anyway, before that it is an extension from subscription). You can recall the selection set and then hide them for printing.

You can also use a Detail Item family because Filters do work on them. This means instead of placing red text, you place a Detail Item family that has "red text" formatted label that you can enter whatever comment is necessary. Then a Filter can use the Family Name to find them and turn them off in V/G.

Detail Items can also be schedule as of Revit 2014 and newer releases. This means you could schedule them to provide a summary of comments or remarks that have been placed in the model for action. Add a parameter for "Resolved" and users can indicate when the comment has been acted on.

My other older self here: http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/user/viewprofilepage/user-id/46056
Message 4 of 5
cbcarch
in reply to: SteveKStafford

Good reply, Steve.

I have usually been so "BIM" crazy that I usually had little if any text in a project--using Keynotes and Tags for just about everything.

But for this situation, the Detail Item Family sounds like a good solution.

I think adding Text Notes to Filters would be a good addition for future releases--albeit not very high priority.

Thanks!

Cliff B. Collins
Registered Architect The Lamar Johnson Collaborative Architects-St. Louis, MO
Message 5 of 5
SteveKStafford

A no print text convergence in the Revitverse, Luke wrote  yesterday about a similar techniqe to keep track of issues. It's also like the Help icons that are in the sample project file (small-house one).

My other older self here: http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/user/viewprofilepage/user-id/46056

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report