Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Filter Rules don't rule!!

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
KevinFielding5795
373 Views, 1 Reply

Filter Rules don't rule!!

Hi all.

Why isn't there an option for an 'OR' filter as opposed to just 'AND' in the Filter Rules it means I have to create an entirely new rule. If you had 'OR' it would reduce this.

I don't understand the logic.Display themes where created at a similar time in ACA to do the same job. They introduced an option for 'AND' 'OR' operands, I appreciate that they are two different departments. oh well.

K
1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
mrbyeo
in reply to: KevinFielding5795

I'm discovering this same curiosity in Revit2015 so am scanning this forum to see if I'm maybe I could just be missing something.  This enhancement seems like it's probably a relatively straightforward one to make to the software and I doubt that I or user KevinFielding57 are the first ones to notice this shortcoming/oversight.  Is this on the Revit developer's radar yet (I notice this functionality is not in Revit2016 either) and if so when might we expect this enhancement to show up in the software?  If not, why not and can we please place it on the list of code revisions for them to tackle?

I understand that the current workaround is to create another filter to cover each additional 'OR' condition, and that view templates will help alleviate some of the mgmt burden related to this requirement but in the bigger picture this can be significantly inefficient.  My immediate scenario is a good example to highlight the inefficiency of this workaround approach.  I have multiple views for which I'm applying the same relatively simple filter: displaying various worksets to display in one of two colors to highlight scope of work limits between two parties who, for a time, will be sharing the same revit model.  As the design progresses we'll expect new worksets to be required by each of these parties and thus will need to be added to each of the various views' graphic overrides.  With many views having the same filter needs this means that as the deisgn evolves in this way we'll have to touch the visibility graphics settings for each and every of these view templates and each and every of the view which do not necessarily lend ythemselves to using a template in order to add an additional rule at each time this occurs.  If we were able to take care of this with an 'OR' operand within the same initial filter that is already applied to each view then this would, of course, significantly reduce the man-hours req'd to perform the same task.

I am posting this in an autodesk.com forum rather than in an augi.com forum with the expectation that this is probably a more appropriate place to address a question specifically to the Autodesk developers.  I hope that's correct.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report