Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Filter by Pinned Objects

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
MIKEFETTKETHER4651
1683 Views, 2 Replies

Filter by Pinned Objects

Sure would be nice to filter by pinned object.  I have a rather large project (Some 300,000+ sqft).  I would really like to create a 3D view and filter out everything not pinned. Thus enabling me to see what all has been pinned. 

I would also like to do the same thing with trusses.  Several of my trusses throughout this facility have been reinforced at one point or another.  It would be really handy to be able to filter out everything except these truss reinforcments. 

Any thoughts on how to acheave this?  Besides creating my own custom parameter (checkbox) and having to go though the whole facility checking which members are additional.  All of these reinforcments were part of the original phase too, so I cannot using phasing to seperate them either. 

Any help would be great.  Thanks.

Revit 2014

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3

There is a new tool in 2014 that lets you Select Pinned Objects--lower right hand of screen. You could use a reverse-mentality and turn this off to select everything that is not pinned.

The truss reinforcements I am assuming are families? Are they "nested" into a parent truss family? Are these items gusset plates at each web/chord intersection?

(It would help if you posted an image to explain a bit more)

If the reinforcements are generic models, you could set up a View Filter and turn them on/off globally in VG.

http://help.autodesk.com/view/RVT/2014/ENU/?guid=GUID-B451C74B-9214-4974-9A49-2B46A9F6D822

Cliff B. Collins
Registered Architect The Lamar Johnson Collaborative Architects-St. Louis, MO
Message 3 of 3

Custom truss families, see attached photo.(Top truss has been reinforced, bottom truss is without additional panel points)  Basically what has been done is a actual Revit Truss has been placed.  Then if you tab select the web members, you can copy them to add additional panel points for supporting things.  So technically the only difference is this truss now has a web member that is not pinned while the others are.  Thus why I'm looking to filter by pinned objects to be able to track all of these additional panel points. 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report