Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Filter based Selection set

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
Moshe-A
376 Views, 2 Replies

Filter based Selection set

Guys Hi,

As i go over Filters i notice that Revit distinguish between Filters based Selection:

1. if you create a filter by first selecting the elements and then pick the 'Save' tool (Modify\Selection\Save)

2. Open the Filters dialog box first pick 'New' button than 'Select' radio button, the ribbon comes with option bar where you have

a Multiple toggle  (Finish & Cancel buttons) that let you select elements by window

the distinguish appears when you edit these selection filters, revit won't let you to refine your selection by window if you have created your 

filter  by Option 1  -  why is that?

also in Option 2, why the finish button is needed.? even if you set Multiple button ON you still may select elements with CTRL '+' or  Shift '-'

thanks in advance

Moshe

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
SteveKStafford
in reply to: Moshe-A

Moshe-A wrote: Why the finish button is needed?

Checking the option for Multiple allows for "window selection" (crossing or enclosing). Un-checked you must select individual elements. The small finish button appears so you can tell Revit when you are finished using the Multiple option, before completing the Saved selection set. Put more simply, the programmers decided it was necessary to ensure the code would run successfully.

Moshe-A wrote: Revit won't let you to refine your selection by window if you have created your filter by Option 1 - Why is that?

The Option 1 you refer to is based on a separate set of tools, Saved Selection sets. If you want to revise your original selection set Revit expects you to use the Selection Set tools, the Edit button. This will let you revise your selection, then you can deal with your filter.

As for why? That's they way they wrote the code. They didn't connect the code between Filters and Selection Sets. It's probably possible to allow a side door into the Selection Set process from the Filter tools, it would have to be a future refinement.

My other older self here: http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/user/viewprofilepage/user-id/46056
Message 3 of 3
Moshe-A
in reply to: SteveKStafford

Steve thanks

i invite others to participate in this

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report