Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

filled region woes

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
paul
154 Views, 1 Reply

filled region woes

Small problem. There must be a work around.

On my main floor plan I created a filed region to hide some parking stalls in one corner. That way I can put the mezzanine plan on the same sheet with the two viewports overlapping. But the filled region on the main floor view also affects the mezzanine view where they overlap on the sheet layout.

In AutoCAD, I would just create a non-rectangular viewport but I can't do this in Revit. Or can I?
1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
paul
in reply to: paul

Further to my original problem. I talked to our Autodesk retailer and he told me that in Revit 6.1 this problem was solved by putting the views on to the sheet in a particular order. (Eg. the view with the filled region should be put on last so it wouldn't affect the other views.) This behaviour has ben removed in 7 and 8 however.

Autodesk please add this back. Currently there is no way to stop a filled region in one view from affecting the model entities in another view on the same sheet.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report