Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Filled Region in Door Family

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
tonkata
1768 Views, 5 Replies

Filled Region in Door Family

I would like to create a parametric filled region that fills the door panel in plan view.

I've started by using the Metric Detail Item.rft file, and created the filled region/parameters needed.

FR1.JPG

I then loaded this into my door family, but now need to "Align/Lock" it to the door panel, so that it flexes when resized.

I can only lock one edge, what am I doing wrong?

FR2.JPG

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
tonkata
in reply to: tonkata

I've managed to assign the Door Panel Thickness Parameter to the Filled Region, but just can't seem to work out what controls the length?

FR3.JPG

FR4.JPG

Message 3 of 6

hi ,

The clue in all these resides in the parameters of the nested family . When you make parameters in Detail Item Family , make them Instance Parameters.

Then load the Detail Item Family in Door Family where you have to build Reference Planes with parameters. Use the arrows from the nested family to attach and lock to this Reference Planes and flex the parameters. It will work.

For a better understanding, look in my recording posted on Autodesk Chronicle:

https://chronicle.autodesk.com/main/details/cfdb70c8-8076-402d-af15-12bac78f82db

Constantin

Constantin Stroescu
BIM Manager AGD
Message 4 of 6

detail component of family (LTG2).jpgLTG2 family.jpgthanks for help i have problem for lighting fixture type 600x600 and type 1200x300 and i need to hatch or ad filled region for triangle in square to change with lighting fixture size see my iamge already idid the square filled region completly but i need to filled the have of the square.

regards,

Message 5 of 6
ToanDN
in reply to: faranca77

See attached file.  If you can't open it (2016) then take a look at the screenshots below.  Basically you need to create the detail family with size parameters and nest them to the same parameters of the host family.

Capture1.PNG

Capture2.PNG

Message 6 of 6

Hi, I have a slightly similar problem: I am trying to make a glazing indicator strip in all my door families, but the glazing strip doesn't come out as desired graphically. (See snippets)

I created 2 filled regions in the detail item family: one grey solid and one diagonal up fill and overlapped them to get the grey solid with diagonal up lines. then I loaded that family into the door family, placed it on the door leaf and loaded into the project and the grey solid disappeared and the diagonal up are spaced too far apart. i cannot assign a material to it as it asks me to slelect a yes/no parameter only. So how can I make a glazing indicator strip? Ps, I also want it tagable with a code. 

Cheers!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report