Revit Architecture

Distinguished Contributor
tonkata
Message 1 of 3 (218 Views)

Filled Region in Door Family

218 Views, 2 Replies
12-16-2013 03:44 PM

I would like to create a parametric filled region that fills the door panel in plan view.

I've started by using the Metric Detail Item.rft file, and created the filled region/parameters needed.

FR1.JPG

I then loaded this into my door family, but now need to "Align/Lock" it to the door panel, so that it flexes when resized.

I can only lock one edge, what am I doing wrong?

FR2.JPG

Distinguished Contributor
tonkata
Message 2 of 3 (206 Views)

Re: Filled Region in Door Family

12-16-2013 04:07 PM in reply to: tonkata

I've managed to assign the Door Panel Thickness Parameter to the Filled Region, but just can't seem to work out what controls the length?

FR3.JPG

FR4.JPG

*Expert Elite*
constantin.stroescu
Message 3 of 3 (169 Views)

Re: Filled Region in Door Family

12-17-2013 02:27 PM in reply to: tonkata

hi ,

The clue in all these resides in the parameters of the nested family . When you make parameters in Detail Item Family , make them Instance Parameters.

Then load the Detail Item Family in Door Family where you have to build Reference Planes with parameters. Use the arrows from the nested family to attach and lock to this Reference Planes and flex the parameters. It will work.

For a better understanding, look in my recording posted on Autodesk Chronicle:

https://chronicle.autodesk.com/main/details/cfdb70c8-8076-402d-af15-12bac78f82db

Constantin

Constantin Stroescu
BIM Manager AGD
Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.
Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions or visit the Installation and Licensing Forum to get help installing your software.