Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Filled region _ exporting to Cad Format from Revit

7 REPLIES 7
SOLVED
Message 1 of 8
aquariusln229
6824 Views, 7 Replies

Filled region _ exporting to Cad Format from Revit

Is there any way to control the layer and color of filled region when exporting from Revit to Cad Format?

I couldn't find the Filled region Category in Modify DWG/DXF Export Setup.

Thank for your support!

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
CoreyDaun
in reply to: aquariusln229

The Filled Regions export as Detail Items (and not as a Subcategory thereof). However, the actual color of the Filled Region will be preserved (via ByObject override) unless the "Export Layer Options:" pull-down (under the export setup dialog) is set to "Export All Properties BYLAYER, but do not export overrides". This will similarly affect other export elements, meaning that they will inherit the color "BYLAYER" rather than their actual color in Revit.

Corey D.                                                                                                                  ADSK_Logo_EE_2013.png    AutoCAD 2014 User  Revit 2014 User
──────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────
⁞|⁞ Please use Mark Solutions!.Accept as Solution and Give Kudos!Give Kudos as appropriate to further enhance these forums. Thank you!
Message 3 of 8
aquariusln229
in reply to: CoreyDaun

The layer of Filled Region is the same with the layer of Detail Item?
Message 4 of 8

ah, I understood. Thanks for your help!
Message 5 of 8
kjacobs
in reply to: CoreyDaun

I am exporting a sheet with a scale bar on it. The scale bar is a family that has filled regions in it as well as text numbers. In Revit, the filled regions are filled with solid grey. When I export to AutoCAD using "Export category properties BYLAYER and overrides BYENTITY," the filled region inexplicably comes out black. 

All the components of the scale bar family are exported to CAD on one layer, so if I change the screening of that layer to 50%, it screens the text as well, which we don't want. 

Any ideas on how to fix this?

Message 6 of 8
karina.honda
in reply to: kjacobs

Yeah, I'm having exactly the same problem, I'm trying to export the filled region in grey in my sheet, although the layer in dwg becomes red. I tried to set it in the field title blocks in export settings, even though it doesn't work.

Message 7 of 8

I don't understand why one cannot control the export layer of a filled region. Very annoying.

Message 8 of 8

Autodesk, its 2022 now, is there a real solution ?

If not: does anybody know if there is a work around, like a plugin or a code?

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report