Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FILLED REGION BOUNDARY COLOR

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
JGOMEZ
10429 Views, 3 Replies

FILLED REGION BOUNDARY COLOR

Does anybody know how to draw filled region boundary lines that show up in any color other than gray? it is hard to distinguish the lines I am drawing from the lines that are already there while creating or modifing a boundary. Can I change the color of the Invisible Line (can't find that line modify)?? OR does every line created thru manage line style have to have a weight (am I able to make a zero line weight or even a pattern that shows nothing.

thank you for any help !!

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
alan.quinn
in reply to: JGOMEZ

Like any line in Revit you can set this one to whatever you like. Either create a new one http://wikihelp.autodesk.com/Revit/enu/2012/Help/Revit_User's_Guide/2921-Customiz2921/2931-Project_2...

Or/and, when you are drawing your filled region choose a different line under Line Styles and pick one from the drop down. See attached image.

Thank you for posting.

Message 3 of 4
jledgewood409
in reply to: alan.quinn

I went to the line styles and I am not sure which line style it is since there are so many that are black. there a sketch line style (which would make sense) that is magenta.

Message 4 of 4

@jledgewood409 wrote:

I went to the line styles and I am not sure which line style it is since there are so many that are black. there a sketch line style (which would make sense) that is magenta.

When you create a new Filled Region, look at the Modify|Create Filled Region Boundary ribbon tab.  On the right side, on the Line Style panel, there is a Line Style drop-down list that displays the Line Style that would be used if you started drawing boundary lines.  Use the drop-down list to choose a different Line Style if desired.  If none of the available Line Styles meet your needs, then you would want to cancel the creation of the Filled Region and go to the Line Styles dialog to either modify an existing Line Style or create a new one to get what you want.  Be sure to add that to your template file so it will be available for all future projects, too.

2015-10-07_Revit_FilledRegionLineStyle.png

David Koch
AutoCAD Architecture and Revit User
Blog | LinkedIn
EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report