Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Filled region & masking region not showing

21 REPLIES 21
SOLVED
Message 1 of 22
howdylee903
72880 Views, 21 Replies

Filled region & masking region not showing

I am trying to draw a filled region or a masking region on a roof plan (to show the outline of mechanical equipment and hide the roof material surface pattern). The problem is, after I say "finish region", it is still "highlighted" as selected, but is completely invisible, can't see the lines (which are drawn to a thickness) and can't see the fill pattern (solid black, so it's not a scale issue). When i unselect the region, it goes away completely: i can't find it, see it, or select all to get it back! Only having this problem on the roof plan.

Being on the roof, the reference level is at an elevation with the roof going up at its slope from that elevation (so the roof is above the elevation). I have the depth clipping set to no clip, and the view range: top is offset 20' from the reference level, and the bottom is set at that reference level, and the view depth is set to 2' above the finish floor.

I can't find any way to draw the region at anything other than the reference level. Detail lines show up fine. Filled Regions and Masking Regions are acting the same way, and I can't find a VG setting for turning on/off regions.

What am I missing? Help!

21 REPLIES 21
Message 2 of 22
howdylee903
in reply to: howdylee903

Okay, I finally figured it out. In VG, "detail items" was turned off. i had been looking for "regions" for a on/off option. very strange place to find it. but i knew it had to be something simple and stupid.

Message 3 of 22
nrbosman

If the visibility graphics is not the problem (like for me), there is another thing to try. I could not figure out for the life of me why when I highlighted a filled regions that I could see the hatch, but when I click away it is just solid white. What I did is go to edit type for that region, and the category that says "color" was set to white. I changed that to black, and problem solved. Hope this helps. I have no idea why it was set to white!

Message 4 of 22
hrannarsg12
in reply to: nrbosman

ok I have detail items turned on in my template and the line color on black ... So whats the problem ? 

Message 5 of 22
Syncmark77

Thanks so much. Same here, and it was bugging me.

Cheers,

Mark.

Message 6 of 22
chrisplyler

Interesting thread. I just place Mechanical Equipment families on the roof. I'm going to have to circuit them and hook up pipe/duct systems later anyway, and I can't do that with detail regions unfortunately.

Message 7 of 22
L.Duff

Awesone, this was my problem.

LDuff
Message 8 of 22
stefan.pike
in reply to: hrannarsg12

I was having this issue for a while too. For me, I just had my "Visual Style"set to "Realistic". Hatching/Filled Regions show in any Visual style other than "Realistic". 

I hope that this helps.

Regards

Message 9 of 22

I know this is a really old thread but it helped me! The thing that I found confusing is 'detail items' is under the 'model categories' tab, but I was looking for it under the 'annotation categories' tab on the visibility graphics window.

Message 10 of 22
alaa.farhat

Greetings Guyz,

i have the  same problem in one of my views in Revit 2019 Model

and i wasn't able to find a solution for it , either in VG nor any place else ,

can someone inform if he had the same problem and fixed it

Thanks

Message 11 of 22
corey
in reply to: alaa.farhat

Same issue just started today. I've adjusted view range, VG also other styles of poche. The other styles work just not solid fill.

Message 12 of 22
_VKumar
in reply to: stefan.pike

Solved it finally for me now, Thanks.

Message 13 of 22
asheriff4KH96

Here are few solutions:

1. First and most important check to see if you are trying to edit in sheet view. If so then you cant see it try going to original plan view and edit and you can see it.

2. Check Visibility Graphics(VG) either in view or in your Visibility/Graphics column Override in properties tab.

Message 14 of 22
vanessafanroy
in reply to: stefan.pike

Thanks so much! This was my issue

Message 15 of 22
halima.adem
in reply to: corey

I had the same problem. I noticed that my vision style was turned on realistic view. Make sure you change it to hidden line, then the filled region will show.

Message 16 of 22

I tried everything what is said here but nothing works. But I tried this i changed my DETAIL LEVEL to Coarse then vola IT WORKS. 

Message 17 of 22
agnieszka_sy

In my case nothing of what you mentioned here works... Any other idea? The same region works above some floors, and doesnt above others (even though they are on the same level). Any other ideas?... The funny thing is it worked well yesterday.

Message 18 of 22
jpgreer

Go to view attributes and check if the fill option is selected. Worked for me.

Message 19 of 22

Check your crop region.  It may just be out of the "cropped view".

Message 20 of 22
ConstantineC

I am having the same issue here, I have a sink that si cutting a countertop with  a void that I created inside the sink family.

Then I created a masking region and fill region for the faucet but it looks like they don`t mask the cutting edge of the countertop so it is visible through the faucet.

I have clicked it just so I show you with lines are not masked.

So basically the line that is not being masked belongs to the countertop family which is separated.

Is this the normal behaviour ? How can I mask the cutting lines?

ConstantineC_0-1695205879210.png

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report