Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fill Patterns

21 REPLIES 21
Message 1 of 22
Anonymous
6147 Views, 21 Replies

Fill Patterns

Hi,

I'm studying how best to represent a modulation of masonry in Revit 2010. Already evaluated the use families, but I noticed, though this method is interesting, the project file gets too heavy.

Then I started to evaluate the use of Fill Patterns. I noticed that I can create a hatch pattern (attached) specific to a particular dimension of wall (length x height).

In this hatch pattern I'm considering modules for a possible block size of the wall. This because I'm wanting to represent the modulation exactly as it is, and not using a representation simplified, as the hatch pattern available in Revit.

But I'm finding some problems:

1. I am using OFFSET = 2 x Height of Wall. I adopted this value for 2 reasons:

1.1. I can not use the value ZERO
1.2. If I use the height of the wall, I noticed that part of the hatch appears on the opposite side of the wall.

But using OFFSET = 2 x height of wall, I noticed that the hatch pattern appears only on one side. How to do this hatch pattern appears on the other side of the wall?

2. As this hatch pattern is specific to a particular dimension of the wall would have to rewrite it to a new dimension to the wall. So, Is there a way to improve the PAT file code to solve this issue?

Thanks,
Ari Monteiro
Dharma Sistemas Edited by: ari.mont on Apr 16, 2010 4:54 PM
21 REPLIES 21
Message 21 of 22
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi Alfredo e Robert,

First, I would like to thank the feedbacks so far!

I believe the solution to measure blocks using schedules, with some adjustments, will be solve my problem.

But, besides counting the blocks, other masonry design requirements that must be attended are:

1. Resolve binding of walls;
2. Adjust modulations in the openings of doors and windows;
3. Extract floors plans for first and second courses;
4. Extract elevations.

Analyzing each requirement and based on what we discussed so far:

1. Until now, we treat the walls alone. But, I need to represent walls that are crossing a certain wall that I'm analyzing. At crossing points I must solve the modulation using the available fractions of my block family (in my case, not only two fractions). Can I solve this issue by just using fill patterns?

2. Another scenario is when I have openings for door and window. I need to resolve the modulation in the same way I mentioned in item 1. Again, Can I solve this issue by just using fill patterns?

3. I think I could use a drafiting fill pattern to represente the first course, but the second one? Can I associate two different fill patterns for each course in the same wall?

4. I think this point is the easiest, I can extract the elevations without problem. But there's only one point: In some situations I need to dimension the modulation. The problem is that the dimension commands does not recognize the faces of fill patterns. How Can I solve this issue?

---
Ari
Message 22 of 22

Hi Alfredo, thanks for your help. Which one would be the code if I wanted the same pattern in vertical? Is there an easy way to rotate it?

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report